Has any one used the Vibra Quatic 2?

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
I floundered at whether to buy one of those or the vibra-tector but got the vibra-tector. Seems like they all work roughly the same. Built tough, that's for sure. Can't wait to get a full summer's use out of it.

OP
OP
prosub

prosub

Jan 12, 2013
up state ny
Detector(s) used
X-Call2,AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Quatc 2 very happy

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
They are all the same, they just change the "down rod and the coil"

They work great but the way they power on/off is a nightmare. I don't take them anymore with me underwater because they power on with no reason and creatd EMI and take time to switch off.

OP
OP
prosub

prosub

Jan 12, 2013
up state ny
Detector(s) used
X-Call2,AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had problems with them turning on which would make my X-CALL go nuts finally found its happy place on my BC

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
There is the Xpointer diver version, but below 40ft the switych button can't be operated any more. Deteknix sent me an other box & button to give a try, I have to take time give another try

755243deteknixdiver90ftfm.jpg

314220xdiverfmmistral2.jpg

665605xdiverfmmistral.jpg

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"They work great but the way they power on/off is a nightmare. I don't take them anymore with me underwater because they power on with no reason and creatd EMI and take time to switch off.

I'm glad you posted that. I thought I was the only one that had that problem.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't understand why vibra don't give a different power on solution, all guys around me who had (did had) one where suffering of the same reccuring problem.

When you are detectiong underwater with a tank, it is ern worse because the buoyancy of the Vibras will make the sensor face the surface = power on position :BangHead:

During a dive, I was really becoming mad against it and nearly took a rock to brake it has I could'nt attached it in a postion that will let it remains OFF.

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
Exactly - they could just as easily make it a twist switch. It's probably the biggest complaint.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnetic actuated reed switch would do it... Needs a mod!
if anyone has a crap one they'd send me I could look into this or another way.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Products vibra probe 780, Quatic 2, and Vibra-tector 730 have different turn on (initailization) and turn off sequences as they are designed
for different purposes: As you most likely already know the 580 is a precision pin pointer which detects off the tip only.
If I remember correctly it initalizes the fastest and automatically turns itself off. It signals detected targets by vibration.
It is ideal for isolating targets in mud which does not sift trough a towed float. I would not recommend this for diving as it is too difficult to hold your position underwater.

The Vibra-Quatic 2 with it's larger 2 inch detection coil is better for diving as it is easier to handle and detects deeper targets.
it signals detected targets by vibration and light.

The 730 with its 3 inch search coil is actually a low power pulse induction (PI) metal detecor, it is not a pin pointer.
It has the longest power on and off sequence. It is a great tool to use snorkeling and hand fanning to remove sand away from shallow targets.
It also has a pulsating light when you detect a target.

All of the above Treasure Products are submersible to 100 feet and can also be used on land.

As all of the above pinpointers use Pulse Induction Technology, they will interfere with VLF, multifrequency Detectors and other PI detectors and Vice Versa.
When hunting you have to be careful to point or keep the search coil from your detector away form the pin pointer and vice versa, or turn one of them off. It should be not that pin pointers which rely on nail finding technology in studs seldom if ever have problems with EMI.

As the Treaure Products are positive boyant they will float up and turn themselves automatically on, unless you are careful to keep the search tip pointed down.

I left my 580 Vibra probe north thought I might try the Quatic 2 out .Thanks

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread