hammerhead sharks

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
Upvote 0

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
When I was a kid years ago, my father would take us snorkeling in the gulf. I remember at least one time seeing some small hammerheads. I think the biggest was only 3 feet. I still bet a small would could mess a person up. Not sure where the mommies and daddies were. After seeing a couple we got in the boat and went to a different area.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baby hammerheads are best cooked on a open flame,slice the body into 1 inch thick pieces after skinning,soak them in butter or cook them blackend.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dinner! Not only does she catch them, she cleans, cooks, and knows how to dive for treasure! The butter sauce is best, garnished with fresh fried Manatee Chips on the side.

But on the serious side. When you see them start to hunt near you, just ease out of the water calmly. They are looking for fish, not fat greasy humans. (we actually give them indigestion) I've seen lots of sharks, and they are just interested in the fish. Human bites are accidental and they usually let go.

Attachments

• Baby H Large e-mail view.jpg
    Baby H Large e-mail view.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 575

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That is a Bonnethead shark. Those get in schools and dont get any bigger than about 4'. But the greater and scalloped hammerhead do! Those do come around in force this time of year and are not too nice, but the bulls are worse. Keep an eye out and get out if you see one.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
big hammers can be man eaters ---tough bunch---bull sharks have a really bad additude --Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread