1715 FLEET BEACH PARTY & TREASURE HUNT ANYONE INTERESTED??

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1715 FLEET BEACH PARTY & TREASURE HUNT ANYONE INTERESTED??

Would anyone be interested in a Beach Party and Treasure Hunt on the 1715 Treasure Beaches for 11/12 August (the second weekend in August)??

If so, post here and/or PM me. My suggestion is that we all meet at the Sebastian Inlet State Park (North Side) on Saturday the 11th for a beach party, cook out, some treasure hunting and just general beach fun. Then Sunday the 12th we can spend the entire day hitting all of the local beaches with our detectors. We'll meet at 8:00am on the north side of the Inlet (trust me, you'll know where our tables are....lol) and start eating about 11:00.

This is for anyone, newbie and old timer alike. I'll even take care of the cooking on Saturday. I promise a menu fit for the royalty we as Treasure Hunters are. Roast Pork (Hawaiian style), marinated boneless chicken breasts, steamed corn on the cob smothered in butter (none of that margarine stuff for us, only the best) and all of the other goodies that accompany them. I'll even put on hot dogs and hamburgers for those that just have to have them.

I believe that aside from being great fun, this would be a good opportunity to meet, share knowledge and have a lot of TH'ng fun. Much of the information currently available in print on the treasure beaches is long outdated (as well as a lot that doesn't even appear in print). Seeing them first hand and actually seeing how to work the beach is more often then not the best way to learn for a newbie. It will also give everyone a chance to ask and find out about their Md's and other equipment as well as see what others are using and find out why.

Bring the kids too if you want, make it a family outing (those that misbehave can be put up for auction and sold....lol). Campers can stay at the Sebastian Inlet State Park itself. Those that don't want to camp can stay at the Penwood Lodge (that's where I'll be staying) in Sebastian or any of the many hotels in Vero Beach not to far down the road.

There is so much to learn about the area that is not generally available in the books. Good hunting spots like the old Aquarina, Round house, and the Pines to name a few. If you snorkel, bring your equipment. Sea conditions and water clarity permitting, you can go right from the beach and swim over cannon that had once been on the decks of the treasure Galleons or look over the wrecks of two Civil War blockade runners that often have their remains uncovered by wave action just north of the Inlet. All it takes is being shown exactly where they are. There are also many little known surfer accesses that save a lot of walking in the sand to get to many of these lesser known sites. The possibilities for having TH'ing fun over the weekend are endless.

Be observant and with a little luck you might even get to watch the Sea Turtles come ashore and lay their eggs (I generally take walks on the beach at night to check out the turtles and anyone who wants to come along is more then welcome).

I was serious about handling the cookout (and the menu is real also) so come on out and have fun. Those that know me, know that I love to do the beach party thing and will put on quite a feed. Bring your own drinks and chairs. I would appreciate a donation of $5.00 per person to defray the cost of the food (this is an honor system donation and not a money maker, you're not going to be watched and numbered....lol).

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE THERE LET ME KNOW, EITHER HERE ON THIS THREAD OR IN A PM. I need to know to make sure there are plenty of eats for everyone.

UPDATE 22, June 2007: Just to let everyone know. I just got off of the phone with the PENNWOOD LODGE in Sebastian. They have rooms available at this time. There numbers are (772) 589-3855, Toll Free (866) 742-9240 and FAX at (772) 388-3050. Remember, the beach party is August 11 and 12 on the North Side of Sebastian Inlet State Park. The Cookout will be on Saturday the 11th.
Deepsix

UPDATE 8 July, 2007: I've had a number of people suggest a door prize for the one that comes the greatest distance. What I've decided to do instead is offer a little treasure Hunt. There is NO CHARGE for this special hunt and it will be very informal in keeping with the whole idea of the Beach Party and cookout (remember everyone, this is not a money maker. It is a get together to have a good time and to swap knowledge if you want to). The unsupervised (honor) donation of $5.00 per person to offset the expense of the food is all that is being requested.

I make hand hammered, solid brass, belt buckles that I sell to historical reenactors. They are made for 2" and 3" belts. They are also identical to the buckles that the Spanish explorers wore during the conquest of the New World.

I am going to take one buckle of each size and bury them in the area of our Beach Party. At a given time I'll let everyone know the general area they are in and all that want to can go for them. No two are exactly as they are hand worked. I'm looking forward to meeting all and having a great time!!!!
Deepsix

UPDATE 29 July, 2007: While at Peg Legs Treasure Expo on Saturday, I traded for a few Treasure Coins from the Jupiter Inlet wreck. They aren't in the best of shape but they are 8 Reals off of a Spanish Treasure Wreck. They are probably going out as gifts so I was thinking that one of them should make it down to the Beach Party and somehow end up in the hands of someone attending.

Since this is an entirely not for profit thing I don't think a Raffle or Auction would be appropriate. Soooooooooooo, how about some ideas from those that are attending. How do we decide who gets the treasure coin??

Post your suggestions. The one who posts the suggestion that I use first, will get their very own, made by deepsix, leather trimmed, Pirate eyepatch with antiqued silver Skull and Crossed Cutlasses or choker (your choice).

OK, with all of that said, lets hear some ideas from the crew attending the party. Remember, no raffles or auctions. This is a freebie as are the two buckles that are going to be buried and MD'd for. Make the ideas fun and treasure hunting orientated.
Deepsix

UPDATE 5 August 2007: Weather Update for the Beach Party: There is not any Tropical weather that should effect us at this time (that's either good or bad depending on how you look at it....lol). There is however a possibility of rain showers. This is an issue I'll deal with when I get out to the inlet Saturday morning to grab our tables.

As of now we will be getting together on the North side of Sebastian Inlet Recreation Area. I picked this because there are more amenities available and tables under the trees (but no covered tables). just go through the entrance and follow the road back and into the parking area.

Should rain be in the forcast for Saturday I will merely set up everything on the South side of the Inlet under the covered tables. Should that be the case, just go in the South Entrance and follow the road to the left. The covered tables are out on the point just past the boat ramp. either way we will be there and having the party so don't let a little rain deter you from coming.

Whichever side we end up on Just look for a White Ford Ranger with a big Green Canoe tied to the top of it. That will mean that Deepsix is there and set up for the party. I'll also have a few Pirate flags flying to guide you to the spot.
Deepsix

UPDATE 6 July 2007: Ok everyone, time is getting close. Remember to bring your own drinks and a chair. I'll have three or four extras with me that you can borrow if need be.

Also remember that if you are a snorkeler to bring your gear. Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, weather and sea conditions permitting, I'll take anyone that wants to out to a cannon from the Treasure Wrecks that is only in about 76 feet of water and about 50 feet off of the beach. All we really need is half way decent visibility and reasonable seas to get on it. It's pretty cool to touch one of those things and know that at one time it protected one of the greatest treasures ever to be shipped from the New World.

I'll be arriving at the Penwood early Friday. If I manage to get all of the prep for the party done and anyone wants a brush up course on snorkeling, stop by and we can use their pool (no scuba gear in the pool). If you haven't snorkeled in awhile or just want to learn, you really ought to consider stopping by. It's easy, great fun and will open up a whole new world to you.

I'll be on site about 5:30am to grab our tables on the North Side of the inlet (South side if the weather doesn't cooperate). Just look for the white Ford Ranger with the big green canoe strapped to it.

Start arriving about 8:00am (or earlier if you want). We'll eat about 11:00am and the before and after time will be for fun and Th'ing. I'll have the "treasure" buried before anyone arrives and will give the general location after we eat. I think I'm going to just bury the coin also. Now there you go. You'll have a chance to find a real piece of treasure on the Treasure Beaches. Bring your MD's, it's going to be a great weekend at the beach.
Deepsix

UPDATE 8 August 2007: I've got everything stacked in my living room and ready to load. The buckles and coin are packed away and something else too. I really do want everyone to have a chance at finding some real treasure so I decided to throw in something else. I'm not going to say what they are but those that don't have adequate MD's or for that matter don't have an MD at all, will have the chance of finding some real treasure. You will have the chance to see some samples of what you are looking for before you start your hunt.
Deepsix

FINAL UPDATE 9 aUGUST 2007: Thanks Big, you're right, it's going to be great!!

Well, the truck is loaded and quivering with anticipation. Deepsix is going to catch a few hours sleep then hit the road.

It's going to be hot so bring plenty of fluids and sun screen (and an appetite). Make sure the MD has fresh batteries and get ready to hunt treasure on the best Treasure Beaches in the World.

I look forward to meeting all of you!!
Deepsix

Upvote 0
OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1715 FLEET BEACH PARTY & TREASURE HUNT ANYONE INTERESTED??

That's 30 confirmed so far. I understand a number of others will be camping too. Vicki, fishing from the rocks in the inlet is great so your son and friend will have a great time. Who knows, with this group he might even pick up the MD'ing bug too.
Deepsix

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax

Regretfully unable to attend due to time and finances and distance.
Thank-You so much for the invitation!! :'( :'(

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Foilman said:
Regretfully unable to attend due to time and finances and distance.
Thank-You so much for the invitation!! :'( :'(

You never know what will come up. Think positive. Possibly you could get one or more of your friends to car pool with you. We've got 33 confirmed now and counting. This is going to be a great time. I hope it works out that you can make it.
Deepsix

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

What is your new avatar deepsix?... boar's tusk?

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:

Yes it is.

My first Avatar was carved from petrified Mammoth Ivory. I wore it and this one all of the time. Recently I gifted the first one to my nephew (he earned it) so thought as it wasn't mine any longer I should change the Avatar.
Deepsix

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

deepsix47 said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Yes it is.

My first Avatar was carved from petrified Mammoth Ivory. I wore it and this one all of the time. Recently I gifted the first one to my nephew (he earned it) so thought as it wasn't mine any longer I should change the Avatar.
Deepsix
Where can I get the metal mounting piece? I maybe can mount some of mine.

Attachments

• lower jaw.jpg
    lower jaw.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,557
  • lower jaw.jpg
    lower jaw.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,556
OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's Sterling. This one was a gift a very long time ago. Because of the circumstances and the way I took the hog, they decided I needed something special from it.

That's a nice set. I can put you in touch with a good friend in Ocala that can cap them for you if you want. He does great work.
Deepsix

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Ill see you at the party. ;D I hunt them also. This one and many other jaw bones or just teeth I find in the bottom of dried out alligator holes.

kydave

Oct 7, 2006

Just wishing i could be there but i usually come down in the winter months when it when it cold in Ky.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

Deep six:
Count me in. not to far for a day trip. Sounds like fun.
HH
Dale

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006

yea sounds good hope for good wheather im only 90 miles away is there anything i can bring or help with the cooking ill bring wife and 2 kids

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:

I think you should have a prize for the person driving the farthest for the party. Ohh by the way I will be coming from Missouri.

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW!!!! I'm impressed. We've got 41 confirmed. One is coming from Missouri and another from Tennessee. This is going to be a REALLY good one!!!!

I also would like to thank all of those that have volunteered to help out. I have a couple of long time Th'ing friends that are going to be helping me with the prep work and cooking. That will be fine for up to about 50/60. After that though I will be contacting some of those that have offered. I've got everything else covered but help with the prep will be greatly appreciated.

The biggest one of these things I ever put together was a big Surfer/Diver Luau on the beach in California. It was a a riot....lol. There turned out to be 102 of us at that one. We dove for two days prior getting lobsters, rock scallops and Ab's. The only sour note of the whole thing was for me. I had spent all day doing the cooking and when it came time for me to eat, just the thought was disgusting....lol.
Deepsix

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Geesh! I'm gonna miss all the fun! :( Just remember take lots of photos! :) Especially if SWR shows up as CappyZ....... I mean a gnome.... err conehead? :o :)

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've had a number of people suggest a door prize for the one that comes the greatest distance. What I've decided to do instead is offer a little treasure Hunt. There is NO CHARGE for this special hunt and it will be very informal in keeping with the whole idea of the Beach Party and cookout (remember everyone, this is not a money maker. It is a get together to have a good time and to swap knowledge if you want to). The unsupervised (honor) donation of $5.00 per person to offset the expense of the food is all that is being requested.

I make hand hammered, solid brass, belt buckles (among other things) that I sell to historical reenactors. They are made for 2" and 3" belts. They are also identical to the buckles that the Spanish explorers wore during the conquest of the New World (in fact, a painting of a Conquistador is where I got the idea to make them).

I am going to take one buckle of each size and bury them in the area of our Beach Party. At a given time I'll let everyone know the general area they are in and all that want to can go for them. No two are exactly alike as they are hand worked. Below is a picture of each. I'm looking forward to meeting all and having a great time!!!!
Deepsix

Attachments

• ba4a_2.jpg
    ba4a_2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,358
  • b9fb_2.jpg
    b9fb_2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,355
OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bugsybrown said:
Anyone have any campsite info if I wanted to pitch a tent?

Contact the Sebastian Inlet State Recreation area in Sebastian, Florida. They are out on A1A. That's where we are having the beach party. They have campsites on the South side of the inlet. We will be having our get together on the North Side.
Deepsix

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wife and kids are out of town! I'll check the airfare!

Chicago Ron

I make a pretty good salsa I've been told!

mnm

May 17, 2006

We'll Be there ;D :o ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread