Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last year I mention that I had loaned a bunch of older water finds to maritime museum
they been dicking around about it but said they were excited in doin something with them
many calls and emails with no replys during the summer and fall
- I stopped down there end of last year
and told them I would just take it all back if they weren't gonna use it -
one of their curators told me he was tryin to work on the display cases and they were hoping to do something during the winter
still hadn't heard anything since - sent a few other email s
- supposedly
they have display up with my water finds up at the maritime museum at hyannisport
guy was a dick - ive been emailing him for awhile with no response - told him if they weren't gonna do something with it
I was going to come and grab everything - sent one more email and asked "whats up?"
he finally responded to "come on by and see it "
so if you are bored - I have no idea what they did - I expected them to have me come in and help so they got everything right
or very least notify me for the unveiling
so I'll have to find the time to get down there
but if youre out there and go see it - please let me know how it came out

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I was up there for you...hope it works out

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its like 2 1/2 hrs away - don't know when i'll get out there - but will try and get pics and/or vid if possible and post

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casper,

Another reason why I'm a bit gun shy went it comes to the archies/museum types not the first horror story I've heard along these lines.

Regards + HH

Bill

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one heck of a jesture Casper!!!!! I hope they put as much into it as YOU have... Would really luv to see some pics sometime... HH...

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
[h=3]Looks like they don't open until mid March. I will try to contact them tomorrow, find out for sure if they have come out of hibernation, go, take pictures and post the outcome.

FYI:

Address: 135 South ST. Hyannis; phone: 508-775-1723

Admission Info and Hours[/h] Mid-March to Mid-December: Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm, Sunday 12pm - 4pm.
Admission Prices: Adults $6, Students & Seniors $5, Children 8 & under Free

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I as passing by the Museum today. Some work-a-bees were busy readying it for opening.
Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me...later I will get pictures and post them.
There are TWO display boxes, one is about 6 feet long and 16 inches wide, the other about 18x18".
A great display of oar locks, gold rings, coins and many other neat artifacts that Don has loaned to the museum.
I heard the director downstairs building more cases and a / or a boat. I will talk to him when I return with a camera. Tera was a big help and told of the coming opening and display that have yet to be put out.

Many THANKS to Don for his patience with the display endeavor.

I know he will be please with it when he come to invade the warm waters off the Cape. I may suggest waiting until the sand goes out. Three hours in the water on Saturday and all I have to show for it is three aluminum targets, a pull tab, a piece of a beer can and a piece of tubing.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Glad to see Waterwalker got in there for you. Sounds like you'll be pleased with the display. Best not to anger a pirate! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread