Caspers request for photos

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 216
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 293
  • W.jpg
    W.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 252
  • CCMM.JPG
    CCMM.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 169
  • tray3.jpg
    tray3.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 2,730
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually did not request photos but asked if anyone saw it to let me know how it came out
BUT...I want to thank Rick for going thru the trouble of getting them
I may try and get down there on Monday afternoon... I got a few other items for them to add
I wrote index cards for everything - they miss identified a few items -- think they could have arranged things a little differently - but it is what it is
I wrote a different title - and intro - stating that not all treasure is silver and gold -
but that went out the window I guess
I stated that a lot of those items would be scrapped by a lot of others but to me that are a part of history and deserve to be saved
think the lead patches should be with the other boat items and I had a bunch of fishing related stuff that did not make the case unless they are doin another
Thanks Rick :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just so you know - when I was younger ( I been hunting since 1975 = age 12)
I would scrap the copper, brass, bronze and lead items and sell at end of year - I started out as a coinshooter
and jewelry hunter - almost everything else ended up in a scrap bucket or in a "junk box"
then I started finding out there were collectors for buttons, matchbox cars, dog licenses, militaria, keys, tokens etc.
and started being very careful what got saved
and sold a lot of my ..what some would call "junk" finds back then (late 70s - early 80s)
- it paid for a lot of batteries and gas
and some for a few trips
- I still hear of guys on these forums saying they toss everything pretty much
but the coins, gold & silver. ---they are throwing $$$ out the door
I hold on to just about everything now - except the real trash of course
I told my girlfriend (of 17 yrs) that if anything happens to me - to get one of my TH'ing
buddies over to evaluate whats what - she has been with me long enough that Ive told
pretty much what is valuable and whats not --- Im lucky - she usually always wants to see
and hear about my finds - even if its just some colonial buttons and dirty musketballs
that's one of the reasons Ive kept her - my first 2 wives could care less ...actually kind of
hated the hobby ... my gal has been on many a trip cause of my hobby and she loves that
part of the hobby - the travel part

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINDS WERE MADE OVER MULTIPLE HUNTS ...SO NO BANNER
NOW HONORABLE MENTION BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD DEED MY DONATING :dontknow:
I WAS ASKED IF I WANTED AN ITEM FOUND COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO - LAND FIND - UP ON THE BANNER
TOLD THEM I DID NOT THINK IT WAS WORTHY - SO I COULD HAVE HAD ONE ...BUT I DECLINED

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why you are what you are! A man of "Integrity" and Hubble at the same time! A pleasure to have hunted with you.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, over the past 6-7 years, I have read your posts and looked at a lot of your pictures. Your finds are truly amazing and inspiring. On numerous occasions you have mentioned your girlfriend and how she likes to go on vacations with you while you detect. You are a lucky man Casper. I would say she is your best find. Keep up your remarkable finds and find her some more jewelry.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Boston baked beans Casper!
Be there in July!?!!
Great Pic's Rick!

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool display
...I love the pocket watches,the are amongst the coolest things to find!!.....nice going Casper..

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Casper, Great display! I'll get that clam ring to you the next time we meet up so you can add it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Casper, Great display! I'll get that clam ring to you the next time we meet up so you can add it.

Just heard back from people building museum near where we hit ...they are excited in getting WW I camp items I found ...for their museum :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread