WINTERS GOOD FORTUNE

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
WINTER'S GOOD FORTUNE

We had several days of the biggest surf on record this winter. We had waves in the 30 to 40 ft. range on a couple of occasions and many days
with surf in 20 to 30 ft. range. Of course this was not good for those living along the coast but it was a beach and water hunters dream
scenario. I did quite well and so did the others who were able to be in the right place at the right time. Things have calmed down now and
most of the beaches are sanded in again. We will go back to chasing fresh drops in the soft sand. These are my finds give or take a few because
I haven't gone to the safety deposit box and my wife likes try them on for size and maybe add another piece to her secret stash.:icon_scratch:
The rings are all 10's and 14's in the 2 to 8 gram range. I also got a couple of 14K bracelets and a pendant. The last photo is of the pile
of crusted silver items that I have to clean up sometime. Thanks for letting me share my finds again with everyone.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• DSCF8765.JPG
    DSCF8765.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF8773.JPG
    DSCF8773.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF8776.JPG
    DSCF8776.JPG
    850.6 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
WOW. You're the MAN. You're realizing what I dream about...take advantage of conditions when you can...tomorrow they'll be gone...
I think I can find a similar load here in Florida - All I need is a backhoe, large agreeable beach and a 10 foot screen to filter out everything except the gold, silver and, I guess, I'll also keep the coins. Oh yea, a hurricane might help. Time to wake-up...

I'm in that fantasy all the time. I just know that certain beaches have hoards of good stuff that is too deep and out of reach. I've even thought of dredging but I'm
sure the environmental groups wouldn't take too kindly to that idea. Your latest posts show you right there in the zone, all the crusty coins and especially the lead weights. When I'm finding especially, those one ounce egg leads, I know that the average gold ring has about the same weight and density and they often like to hang out together. Good Luck

Last edited:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WINTER'S GOOD FORTUNE

Good grief! WHAT A HAUL!

Nice job!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OMG!!! What a great winter you had out there, D S C!:notworthy:

The photos are so eye appealing; beautiful, stunning treasures!

Mega congrats on your good fortune ...continue on , please:hello:

Lorraine

Attachments

• animal act.JPG
    animal act.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 72
  • gb.JPG
    gb.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 70

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread