CZ-20 Questions.

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I recently purchased a CZ-20 and have had it in the water a couple of times. Salt water Beaches Near Tampa Bay. I was wondering about the ground balancing on the CZ-20. I tried the pinpoint method but cannot get it to beep when I lower the ground balance while holding the pinpoint button and lowering the coil to the wet beach sand. I don't seem to be getting allot of false target signals with ground balance at 10 and sensitivity at 10 and in all metal mode. Which is better, ground balance at 10 or 1. I do get allot of chatter if I have the coil in shallow water and the coil goes in and out of the surf. If I have the coil fully submerged or fully out of the water I don't seem to get false signals. The false signals I did seem to get were few and far between and easily distinguished. Man what a difference compared to my Bounty Hunter QD II. Its gonna be a good summer. HH.

CHRIS.

Upvote 0

Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
Hi Chris,

I have a Fisher Impulse a close relative of your CZ-20. I would have went with a CZ-20 five years ago when I bought the Impulse if it were available. I have the exact same problem with chatter when the coil comes out of the surf in shallow water. Just a slight touch of the sensitivity knob and she quites down. I get the chatter sometimes if I am going from dry beach into the water. I think the machines are so sensitive the saltwater throws them until you get them adjusted for the water. Sorry I can't help with the ground balance question. The Impulse doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the CZ. Have you ever tried the BH in the water? Talk about going nuts! My BH will give constant false low tone signals if I put the coil in saltwater love it for the beach and land though. Good Luck and HH

Frank

D

Darod

If you don't get any change in the signal while using the pinpoint method then you should leave your ground set at 10.
As far as the sensitivity goes, I would set it around 5 or maybe just a little bit higher. I personally would never use it at 10 as the false signals will just aggravate you.

If you still have the manual for your CZ you can read on the ground setup for more instruction. Or you can go to this link to download the OEM manual for viewing and printing:

Here is the link:

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/documents/CZ-20opmanual_001.pdf

You will need to download the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the manual if you don't already have it,...you can download the viewer here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Good luck

Rod

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Thanks guys for the help. I read the manual again after I posted and I guess The mineralization isn't as bad as my Bounty Hunter made it out to be. I was in the water up to my chest and at the water line and really wasn't getting allot of false signals. I will try turning the sensitivity down if I'm where the water breaks on the beach. Maybe that will cut down on the chatter.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey guys I only use my CZ-20 at freshwater sites but go over to Findmall and check in at the CZ forum, they have a great bunch of very experienced users there who can tip you off to a lot of the tricks they know also.? With GB at 10 your telling the machine there is no mineralization there so it's working at full potential.? Always use the bobbing method for GB, this is the preferred method.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckmild1 said:
Man what a difference compared to my Bounty Hunter QD II. Its gonna be a good summer. HH.

CHRIS.

You said more than a mouth full here! Tough to beat a CZ20 (I own one, and a mine-lab ex-cal 1000) both are great machines (top of the line). The olny dis-like I have with my CZ20 (as with all VLF machines) is that they don't pick up the smaller/thiner "chains" (gold or silver) unless you're in all metal non motion mode and the chain is close to/if not on the surface.. If there's a pendant, or a medal, etc. attacthed, it does a great job. It also finds tiny gold rings at amazing depths!

Once you get use to the CZ20, you'll never look back (except in pondering the question of "why you didn't start with the CZ20"! ;D

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frank wrote: "I have a Fisher Impulse a close relative of your CZ-20." Close relative? One is a pulse induction unit and one is a VLF machine. Two completely different animals. :o

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gdaddyflex said:
Frank wrote: "I have a Fisher Impulse a close relative of your CZ-20." Close relative? One is a pulse induction unit and one is a VLF machine. Two completely different animals. :o

LOL! ;D

B

BEACH DIGGER

I HAVE A 20 AND LOVE IT !! TRY RUNNING YOUR SEN ABOUT 5 TO 6, IF YOU GET FALSE SIG'S REDUCE ALITTLE AT THE TIME UNTIL IT SETTLES DOWN.. AS FAR AS G/B SET YOU SEN @ 5 THEN TRY TO P/P BAL. WITH COIL UNDERWATER, NOT JUST IN WET SAND .. SEEMS TOWORK BETTER... END RESULT G/B SETTLES IN AROUND ABOUT 6 MOST OF THE TIME HERE IN FL. GOOD LUCK!!!

HH BCH. DIGGER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread