Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Went to my usual beach – the one with black sand and cement between the thicket of stones. Spent 5 hrs hunting and came away with 54 coins and the usual lures and sinkers. Two really cool things I found included a 4” brass bullet casing (R A 42) and heavy 10 ft, 40 lb (est) log chain.

031616 016.jpg

031616 013.jpg

I usually pass on big iron items but things were going slow and wondered what it was? When I first hit it with my Excal, I thought my ears wound never stop ringing. Damn that was loud! Didn’t take long to pull-up the heavy 10ft log chain; it was quite rusty and a lot of the links were rusted together. Thought about putting into my backpack and taking it home…thought better and left it on the post for whomever to find. My biggest, at 10ft, and heaviest, estimate of about 40 lbs, target I have found while metal detecting…I’m going to start digging more of my big ferrous metal finds just to see what I’m rejecting.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My truck...... and I realized that I left my detector on!???:laughing7:
Chains from beyond, slowly building to a tight grip.... #3 is a curse:skullflag:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Jeep. Yes, a real world war 2 jeep. While detecting on the island of Guam i came across what appeared to be a dump site or trash pit from the battle of Asan. The signal was strong and large. To put a long story short...i spent about 5 hours digging with a trenching tool uncovering the passenger side front tire, part of the bumper and fender. It was obvious the jeep was roached and not worth the effort so i moved on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread