Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE (newest)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Fisher CZ-20
Fisher CZ-6a
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hiya guys. I love shallow water hunting with my CZ-20. I've been using a hookah in the past but sold it after desiding it was alot easier wading. When I hunt, I use a homemade floating screen to sift my diggings. Just a simple wooden frame with some 3/8 hardware screen. I drilled holes at the top and bottom of the boards to thread some rope around an inflated 21' motorcycle innertube. I varnished this frame well several times. After drying I fixed a handle to it and a buckle I clip onto a belt I wear around my waist. I fastened a cow magnet to the inside of my scoop the catch iron. Then i usually float my scoop on the screen till I need it, then deposit the target in the screen and continue on. I don't check the basket often I let the wave action do its job so it's always a suprize at what's in it. I carry a small lobster bag on my belt for garbage. And a waterproof container around my neck for the goodies.
I was just wondering what all you other guys were using? Anything similar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Calm waters Sifter n Scoop, ocean scoop only. Made one fairly lite weight, made with no metal for checking targets in the sifter and some beach's are a good distances to walk to, so ever ounce counts. Very simple, bread tray, pool noodles, plastic netting from McMaster Carr 1/4 inch spacing, then some rope to drag that baby around. Nothing nicer then seeing a old fat gold ring pop out...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This time of year in Michigan yes a floating sifter waders and a Stealth scoop. I made it out of PVC and wire mesh. When it gets warmer I always dive, no scoops or sifters.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I do - in thick mucky areas where soil takes forever to get thru scoop - heavy shell and small rock areas - once again
where material cant get thru
8.jpg

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have but didn't care for it with the waves and such.
Scoop was easier

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a floating homemade sifter in fresh water and have 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Keeps small items from falling thru and speeds up my recovery time instead of looking thru a full scoop.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have but didn't care for it with the waves and such.
Scoop was easier
I have scoop too in pic - because of sifter - I was able to recover targets faster than my old partner
saving time and found 3 times as much as him that day

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, when lake hunting I often use a screen made from PVC and wire mesh. It a lot easier to dump scoops into the sifter and repeating until the target is gone from the hole.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made mine from a 6 GALLON plastic pail. I cut the bottom off at 2.5", and drilled a bunch of 3/8" holes. The top of basket is 13.25" in diameter. One pool noodle around the circumference attached with zip ties. No metal, so I can scan it for targets. It will hold a full scoop from my T-Rex. And a length of paracord for a tether.

Attachments

• P3210876.JPG
    P3210876.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread