ctx 3030 vs cz21 vs excalibur II - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: ctx 3030 vs cz21 vs excalibur II

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    8278 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthFLdigger View Post
    When you are in a beach filled with shallow 6-8" crusty pennies that resound with a high tone on a multiple tone machine just like a class ring or a dime, one learns to appreciate an LCD based system that at those depth can very accurately ID a zinc penny and save valuable time! However if the signal is deep and high tone i always dig ID or not !
    I am a dig everything kind of guy, especially in sand. When you find a 10.00 gold coin that rings up as a zinc penny, you will understand me. I have a spot I call bullet beach. It is absolutely loaded with 30 cal bullets and brass from machine gun practice from WW1. Also has shotgun, 45 cal and 50 cal bullets and brass there. However now it is a beach for pretty rich boaters. Not many detect here because of all the bullets and trash. I don't mind. I get them and the gold.

One dives trash from bullet beach:
    One dives brass from bullet beach:Another dive:

I can't find a picture of all the brass and bullets I have recovered from there. Over 10 gallons so far. I just can't pass up any signals!!
    SouthFLdigger and RustyGold like this.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

May 2013
    Tesoro sand shark, fisher cz-21 Whites beach hunter300 minelab equinox 800
    474 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If I could afford a CTX I think a better strategy maybe to buy an excal
    and a cz21. 2 detectors in case one fails. if this has already been suggested sorry to lazy to read the whole thread.Lol

us
    Sep 2014
    Southern SoCal
    CTX3030, 17" coil, excal 1000, 15 WOT remote PP, str8 shaft
    575 times
    Like I stated earlier, I have an excal 1000, remote pp, carbon straight shaft and a 15" coil. I use a shoulder harness and bungee. It does very well. I thought I had the best beach machine I could get . UNTIL I got a CTX and learned it.
    I think the biggest mistake that people make is to use a machine for a while then get something else and on and on... If it's a good machine. LEARN IT! Many swear by the excal . It is durable, but remember, to buy a new excal is about 1500.00. then to get a straight shaft, a pp mod and maybe a bigger coil., your at the same price of a CTX and you also just voided your warranty. The CTX has pinpoint, carbon straight shaft, coils that are easily swappable for a 17, 11, or a picker for the park. You get to choose your own tones for what you like. You can eliminate certain targets if you wish. You can see multiple targets at once on your screen. You have no iron masking. And it is deep. You can run headphones or ear buds. You can go wireless. The coil wires are inside the shaft. You have GPS, time, you can plot your finds, you have multiple, multiple programing to make it the way you want it. With a 5 dollar o ring you can make it go MUCH deeper than 10'. Ask Frogmaster. ..
    I hunt exclusively with the CTX and a 17". Yes its not light but with my Minelab shoulder harness I can hunt for about 6 to 8 hours with no issue. I KNOW what I have before I dig it 85% of the time. Yes after awhile you can get decent with an Excal but not as accurate as the CTX. I do prefer the excels pinpoint when it's time to dig . It's spot on. The 17" CTX halo's and makes it a bit more difficult but not overly.

As for the CZ, I hear it is a good machine as well but I have no experience with it.

People usually only hype what they love and aren't open minded. You'll be hard pressed to get an unbiased "best" machine. To many variables. There is no perfect machine.
    Last edited by jeepGold; Mar 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM.
    cudamark, penzfan, terry g and 2 others like this.

us
    Retired

Apr 2014
    CTX - Excal - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
    988 times
    Well said jeepGold. My beach hunting arsenal has included the SovGT, Excalibur Blue 1000 and now the CTX 3030. The capabilities of the CTX are far superior than the other machines...
    U.S. Air Force Veteran - Retired Fed with 36 years of Service. "Today's the Day...I gotta get out there with my Minelab"

Jul 2012
    513 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Gromu: I would purchase the CZ21 with the 8" search coil as it is easier to sweep and pin point with in the water. With the AT Pro for dry and wet sand, and the CZ 21 for wet sand and shallow water hunting you would have a killer combination at a lower cost and less to learn.

Brackishwater lake hunter from Poland. Im moving soon and I will live near Baltic sea. Im using garrett at pro now but I know it won't work in salt water. I need some advice on good beach and salt water detector. I compared ctx, cz21 and excalibur II on youtube tests and metaldetectorreviews.net Im little confused and I don't know which one I should choose. On metaldetectorreviews CZ21 has avg. depth rating much better than ctx and excalibur. From other hand cz21 is only two frequency detector and pretty old design. CTX is leaking and excalibur has pretty poor discrimination (saw youtube test where u can see excalibur won't see gold ring under iron nail). Anyone here used all 3 detectors and can help me choose? Beaches and waters in Poland are full of trash. Sorry for bad English.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Sir Gala Clad; Mar 29, 2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: removed details for lack of interest

can
    us
    Dec 2015
    NC
    xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
    459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by penzfan View Post
    Well said jeepGold. My beach hunting arsenal has included the SovGT, Excalibur Blue 1000 and now the CTX 3030. The capabilities of the CTX are far superior than the other machines...
    Except for the fact the 3030 only goes 10' deep according to the specs. Do you guys take it deeper

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    8278 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by can View Post
    Except for the fact the 3030 only goes 10' deep according to the specs. Do you guys take it deeper
    LOL probably not. I did hear of one guy that replaced the two gaskets and said he went to 40'. If true I have no idea. I would think nobody would attempt to TRY to drown a 2500.00 machine. However, I could be very wrong.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8588 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I Think frogmaster has modified his and taken it deeper than 10'. Check with him.
    Treasure_Hunter and RustyGold like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Georgia Red

Mar 2013
    Valdosta, GA
    Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5 Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Xterra 305
    2359 times
    I think Frog has been at least 30' with his maybe deeper. I just don't have the $$$ to risk it

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Flo Rida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    61098 times
    Why bother...
    IF you are gonna hunt water... get the "tool" that is designed for it.

X2.
    Sir Gala Clad and RustyGold like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Jul 2012
    513 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Beware - you are putting your wallet and the CTX 3030 in harms way, by going deeper.
    It takes far more than adding a thicker casket or multiple gaskets as there is the USB port that can leak,
    and the visual display is not designed for depth.

You may get by with it, most likely not.
    Use the machine as designed and be happy!
    AARC likes this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Tennessee
    Excal II
    43 times
    what is reverse discrimination?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan James View Post
    what is reverse discrimination?
    With the excal it is hunting in pinpoint mode then switching to discrimination mode to see if target is iron...PP mode is deeper....
    Duncan James likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    8278 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    With the excal it is hunting in pinpoint mode then switching to discrimination mode to see if target is iron...PP mode is deeper....

Silly question TH. If the Excal finds deeper items in PP mode, How do you switch it to discrimination mode to see if it is iron if discrimination mode can't pick up the target?

I guess I am a bit confused!! (Easily done though)

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View Post
    Silly question TH. If the Excal finds deeper items in PP mode, How do you switch it to discrimination mode to see if it is iron if discrimination mode can't pick up the target?

I guess I am a bit confused!! (Easily done though)
    You switch to desc to see if it sees it, if it doesn't you remove sand till it does see it, if it nulls in different directions in desc mode, N-S and E-W then it is iron and move on...

Many times I have to remove several scoops of sand before desc sees it.
    cudamark likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links