Beach Scoop help please.

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This summer im gonna take the plung. I have had dreams of metal detecting the beaches of New England and its on my summer bucket list. Any recommendations for a middle of the line scoop. I will be trying both dry and wet detecting, probably no deeper then my waist as I have a AT Pro and dont have the water proof headphones yet. Any thoughts on a particular scoop ? Feel free to give ANY advice,, thnx for reading.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an aluminum scoop on drugs...I mean rocks- 4 days on a rock covered, washed-out beach with sand, between the rocks, the consistency of cement. Doubt if a SS lip would have helped.

View attachment 1290722

My scoop looks a lot worse now after I blew out the back and wired it together. Its still working, on soft white sand, anyways...Some say I abused her....I'm sorry...Boy am I sorry - to the tune of 140 smackers.
Stainless steel lip would have stopped it. After 7 years my beach brute II is still in perfect condition due to the stainless steel lip on it...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Bountyhunter, 2 Howie scoops 1 RTG scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Prices are based on demand, limited customers means higher prices is all...
Actually the Law Of Supply And Demand says low supply and a high demand increases price, and in contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price tends to fall.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the Law Of Supply And Demand says low supply and a high demand increases price, and in contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price tends to fall.
There are only a relatively few beach hunters compared to land hunters so prices reflect that.. A good beach Scoop for wet sand and or water is going to cost $200 or more, the good news is if you take care of it you can sell it years later for 75% of what you paid for it...

DT2016

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Steve and I did a freshwater hunt with football sized rocks on the bottom today.

I took both my Stealth 920iX and a 6" aluminum with Stainless lip (bought used but looks like an RTG).

I thought the 6" scoop would be better with the rocks, but I was only able to retrieve one target with that one during repeated attempts. Got frustrated with that and decided to try the Stealth and retrieved all the remaining attempts, but not always in one scoop.

I will say it's danged difficult scooping in the rocks.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I know I'll be hunting in rocks, I'll bring a big screw driver or pry bar with me. Once you dislodge a rock, the scoop can then move it out of the way.

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
There are only a relatively few beach hunters compared to land hunters so prices reflect that.. A good beach Scoop for wet sand and or water is going to cost $200 or more, the good news is if you take care of it you can sell it years later for 75% of what you paid for it...

DT2016
Wow the price is high because there is demand for a good scoop and they are selling at what the market will bear. If there was low or no demand the price would fall. Simple economics its not a matter of the more you make the cheaper they are. Yes the cost per unit should go down with quantity made but the price is hi because the demand is there for quality scoops.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there were millions of people beach detecting prices would be lower.... Believe what you want..

DT2016

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
If there were millions of people beach detecting prices would be lower.... Believe what you want.

DT2016

Pull Tabs is right. Simple economics

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If there were millions of people beach detecting prices would be lower.... Believe what you want..

DT2016
Has the price of a new Excalibur gone down with as many have been sold over the years? No why because the demand is still there even with the CTX 3030 on the market. Has the unit price to manufacture the Excal gone down most certainly but the cost to the consumer is still hi because the demand is still hi..... Believe what you want..

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good the price is going to be regard less because people will pay top dollar if they are followers and the product is half as good . Especially if there is multiple post About it people are just stupid and don't research stuff but some peoples trash is others treasures just saying . who cares is it going to matter in a hundred years too you bu ya!! ����������������lol

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was huntin in kayak I would be off the reefs in so Florida with a spear gun not a detector killing hundreds of fish pounds like I use to do on a average of $209. A day lot more then I get detecting , just saying land lock in stinky Perry Florida , but the beer is cold !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions