What would you buy- AT pro stock or aftermarket waterproof head phones?

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

RedAmos

Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting in fresh water lakes don't bother with waterproof headphones. You won't have to deal with big surf and you'll probably never have a need to put your head underwater.

I have an AT Pro and bought the water proof headphones but never ever use them.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting in fresh water lakes don't bother with waterproof headphones. You won't have to deal with big surf and you'll probably never have a need to put your head underwater.

I have an AT Pro and bought the water proof headphones but never ever use them.

I plan on using the AT pro as a back up to my CZ 20 and will be diving (third lung) in beach areas so it will go underwater 6' to 10' or so.

Thanks for the response

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think either is a good choice but if your diving I believe the stock blues would be better. I had a hand is the design of the GGA's and there is a weak point if you dive with them. The volume potentiometer shaft is sealed with O-rings on a brass threaded shaft, well the seal is not the best if they are to go under. Some do leak and in time water gets into the sealed Pot area and will cause a issue. Even thought they are rated at 33 feet I believe .. I would feel better with the stock blues...My Opinion. And let me say Gary at detector Pro will honor the one year warranty, no questions asked, if you do decide to go the GGA's.

OBN0348.jpg

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are not getting your head in the water, the stock Garret Deluxe land headphones are a great deal for the price... I took mine apart and bypassed to volume knobs because they got scratchy from salt water hunting.

I had a set of Garret Blue water headphones and I would definitely NOT recommend them for the AT Pro. They do not have enough bandwidth to reproduce all of the sounds the AT Pro is sending in pro mode. I returned them and went back to the land headphones.

Grey Ghosts, I dunno I haven't used them but I hear they are nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread