D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since Katrina all the Mississippi beaches have been redone and they don't get the traffic like the Florida and Alabama beaches and are hunted pretty hard along the water up to 20' from the water.

I go almost daily for an hour or two and hit the places with the most traffic. The last 5 or 6 times I noticed a trend developing. I find very little close to the water but always seem to find something on my way to the water anywhere from 40's to 100' from the water. Today I didn't even go near the water and picked up $6.35 in clad. I am going to keep trying away from the water for a few more times and see if the trend continues.

Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are hitting the towel line back from the water. It is a good place to hunt. Often people forget to take off their jewelry at home or in the car and remember once sitting on their towel at the water's edge. Sometimes they put it in a shoe, or in the chair cup holder, or under their clothes sitting on the towel. Many times when they are leaving, the have forgotten about the jewelry item they took off and into the sugar sand it goes....... You will definitely find more clad than jewelry at the towel line, but it does happen. Happy Hunting.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really need to visit this site to bring you up to speed. The Golden Olde

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions