Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Spent 5 hrs in the surf today. Surf report said 1-2 ft surf and reality was more like 2-3ft with the occasional rapid series of waves to knock you done and make you taste salt water through your nose. Because I was in surf mode, my coin count is down (16, 3.2/hr) and jewelry count up (2-rings, 2-ear rings). [More and more people are starting to hit the water – that’s cold water with smacking waves. i.e. more lost jewelry]

Finds 040516.jpg

The ring with 2 stones is marked .925 and with an “MD” hallmark (with the second leg of the M shared with the vertical part of the D).

Sterling ring w 2 colored stones 040516.jpg

I didn’t realize it until I took the photo of the ring that it has stones of different color. One stone is greenish and the other is pinkish. I’ll have to clean it up a bit. The 3 ½” loop ear ring was a ***** to get in the surf. The 1” loop ear ring is marked “<KC” or “<RC”. The other ring has a turquoise colored stone and is junk.

While I was heading back to the water after a 5 minute lunch break, an elderly man approached me and said that he had lost his ring and showed me a ring mark on his finger. He pointed to where he had lost the “big gold ring with a large center diamond” - in 4 ft of water with sucky surf. I had planned to spend the remaining 2 hours of my hunt time in +/- 1 ft of water/wet sand and had taken off my wetsuit and just had on a skin (thin suit I wear under my wetsuit for easier on/off) and trunks. Anyways, I spent 30 minutes or a half hour in the surf, can’t remember which because of hypothermia, and never found the ring -even after I grid the area off. When I went back to dry land, the older guy was gone. Come to think of it, when I met him he wasn’t wearing a bathing suit. The light ring mark on his finger was being tanned over. I never asked him WHEN he lost it… lesson learned.

Upvote 0

Mole

Greenie
Apr 2, 2016
Tucson, AZ.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was snorkeling at La Jolla beach while my wife was sun bathing. She's afraid to go into the ocean...
After about a half an hour I noticed my wedding ring was gone. I forgot how much the cold shrinks you. My wife seemed unperturbed, as the ring was a cheapy replacement due to me having grown out of my hunting weight over the years.
About three hours later, as I was coming back to shore, I FOUND MY RING!
Again my wife seemed unfazed. "I lost my ring in the Pasific Ocean and then I found it again Hunny!" Still, unimpressed, although I did receive a round of applause from everyone else on the beach.
It's a cheapy, but to this day, my favorite.
Good finds!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be cursed now?:dontknow: Put the C-tags back where you found em and your gold count will... maybe get better (7 years if it is to late)!:angel12:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That's a very pretty silver ring find, Lawrence:hello2:

I wish you continued success

Lorraine

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
May be cursed now?:dontknow: Put the C-tags back where you found em and your gold count will... maybe get better (7 years if it is to late)!:angel12:
You're right! Ever since I found 2 cremation tags, and kept them, my
gold has fallen to ZERO! Next week at the beach throwing those C-tags back in...and I mean it! Thanks for the wise advice. But PLEASE, not 7 yrs - not a mirror after all.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the silver rings!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting