Englewood, Venice, Fort Myers area

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
We will be making our annual pilgrimage to vist our favorite beach areas in about a week. Anyone been to these areas recently? Any hot spots? Any changes that are noteworthy? Is there a problem with red tide currently? We cannot wait. Last year my best find was a nice working Seiko watch on Englewood beach. I am hoping for at least one ring this year....

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather is great! Water temps in the low to mid 80's. No red tide recently, the beach is fantastic. Your coming at a great time. Just a few afternoon thunderstorms here and there, which is normal.

The only problem is a shift in the currents. It seems that a northerly undertow on the seafloor along the beach has occurred in that area and has shifted all heavy objects (gold, sliver, diamond rings and such) north to the St. Pete Beach area.

I'll be collecting all the sharp stones and metallic objects this weekend out of the surf. (as a public service of course)

Have a great vacation.

OP
OP
GYirga

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
Thank you for the great info. We are really looking forward to our vacation this year. Please keep my e-mail address and let me know if the weather or red tide conditions get bad. We will be statying at Rotunda beginnig the 29th.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread