Should I wash the car or go detecting?..How about both ....silver at high tide today

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Oh, those chores! They sure do get in the way:blackbeard:; got a late start at the beach ...high tide, so it was a sand hunt for 1/1/2 hrs.

I have found St. Christopher medals before this one, but none were silver; today was the day.:headbang:

Not deep...about 5 inches.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF3555.JPG

DSCF3553.JPG

DSCF3558.JPG
DSCF3559.JPG

DSCF3561.JPG

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go, car cleaned and you scored silver. Congrats on taking care of business today. :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome medal! Congrats on a silver day.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Very nice Lorraine, that 925 cleaned up real nice!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I wash the car or go detecting?..How about both ....silver at high tid...

I was just thinking should I finish cleaning up all the hedges I trimmed yesterday or go detecting while it's still cool outside. Think I'll have a second cup of java and decide. Nice finds Lorraine!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I wash the car or go detecting?..How about both ....silver at high tid...

Maybe I'll move on to a good stiff Bloody Mary! With real Tabasco of course. They are so good after a day on the ocean diving or fishing.

Last edited:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi L,
Were your ears ringing yesterday cause Jim and I were talking about cleaning and working with silver! You came up in conversation, we both agreed that you are the master at restoring the silver!!:headbang:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lorraine,

Good score on the silver.....next time get hubby to wash the car and you can spend more time detecting...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Well, this was the first cleaning since last Spring, so you are much more ambitious than am I with car care.

Good luck out on those beaches:hello:

Lorraine

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Bill, if I could drag Hank off the golf course, that would be my move!:laughing7:

Lorraine,

Good score on the silver.....next time get hubby to wash the car and you can spend more time detecting...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You clean your car as good as the jewelry you find. I'm ashamed of my car even tho it's broken down, it sure could use a bath. Nice find on the sterling St. Christopher medal. I finally got to go to the river today and told myself not to forget my scoop and chest waders, but did it anyway. Got almost there and had to turn around and go back about 14 miles. Ticked me off, but nobody to blame but myself. Much to my surprise, the caretakers house which used to be a store at this location had been torn down and had I knew this I wouldn't have went back for the scoop and chest waders. Only found 3 pennies in the water and then tried hunting this site of the old store. Metal drove me crazy and then I walked down to a path I never detected because it was where the caretaker lived and I didn't want to intrude. Now that the house is gone, I found 5 pennies pretty quick and a neighbor who had helped me out came by and talked for nearly and hour and killed my detecting trip. I almost got frustrated until he laid two little jewels on me. One was the county parks crew had put a lot of fill dirt where they tore down the house and that explained the excess of metal. Two was he told me about a park within a few miles of the river I didn't know about and I was so glad he came over and talked to me. Never look a gift horse in the mouth and he helped me out of a situation one time, so I will listen to him anytime he wants to talk. I now have 7 hours under my belt detecting this year and hope I can get out more and find something worth posting. I found one penny stuck to either a rock or piece of metal from a fire, but haven't had time to look it over much. I believe there is silver at this location because the kids used to walk this area when the store was open to buy their snacks. Only thing is fill dirt covers the area of the front of the store where we used to wait in line to buy our drinks and snacks. Every time I want to skip my chores and go detecting, something just comes up. What you put off today will hinder you tomorrow. Glad to hear Hank is enjoying his golf game and the carpal tunnel surgery was a success. Good luck & happy hunting, Lorraine.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice
k5007.gif
Congratulations
t1326.gif

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Lorraine....we have a Hayward jewelers here in my home town.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Silver medallion and Save! Like the shot in the Flux or periwinkle ?

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thank you, OBN; I had just bought the phlox/flux a few days prior to finding the medallion. They are one of my favorite flowers.

Beautiful Silver medallion and Save! Like the shot in the Flux or periwinkle ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread