Miami, FL Area Tips

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Floridians and those familiar with Miami.

I will be visiting Miami in late June for a few days and staying in the River Walk area between Brickell Ave and South Main St.

I will also be picking up my new (to me) CZ 21. I want to arrange at least a few hours hunting time and get this thing wet before heading back to Brazil.

So, is it worthwhile to try hunting along the river anywhere or should I get in the car and head out to a beach. If so, which beach?
I promise not to clean out your honey holes. ;-)

Thanks,
Tim

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to Rio in 1986 with my Sony Betamax camera. I was staying on Copa Cabana beach. I went downstairs and asked the police if I was safe with my camera. He said I was safe as far as he could see me. So I walked across the street to film the beach and had a guy come up and ask me if I needed a body guard. I would never try to take my detector there. You only carry the amount of money you think you'll need for the day and keep it in your bathing suite.

i wouldn't take my detector to Copacabana or Ipanema. But it is a big country with a lot of beaches. :-)

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
You can forget that river, no one swims there. Miles & Miles of beaches in Miami, drop me a line when your in town if ya want to hook up with someone. Here's a video done a few years back of me. Happy Hunting finderzzs

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive paid $20 for body guard - mostly to keep people from bothering my gal - but when locals came towards me - he told them to beat it
he got drinks for my gal and kept venders away from her - I thought it was worth it

I went to Rio in 1986 with my Sony Betamax camera. I was staying on Copa Cabana beach. I went downstairs and asked the police if I was safe with my camera. He said I was safe as far as he could see me. So I walked across the street to film the beach and had a guy come up and ask me if I needed a body guard. I would never try to take my detector there. You only carry the amount of money you think you'll need for the day and keep it in your bathing suite.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great video Joe/Steve. Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can forget that river, no one swims there. Miles & Miles of beaches in Miami, drop me a line when your in town if ya want to hook up with someone. Here's a video done a few years back of me. Happy Hunting finderzzs

Great video. Yeah, it'll be great to meet up with some local hunters and receive some tips.
I'll let you know closer to the time via a PM.

--Tim

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What's up Red (Steve), long time no see. Been to any good sales lately?

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm headed to Miami 6 to 8 June. Hope I will have something nice to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
URBAN Beach weekend is going on right now, so I'm sure there's lots of FAKE gold being lost as I write this...LOL

I'm headed to Miami 6 to 8 June. Hope I will have something nice to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to get off topic Top.

Of course, every weekend, and some weekdays. Gotta make a living somehow.
I envy you and others who do it "full time".

:weee:

URBAN Beach weekend is going on right now, so I'm sure there's lots of FAKE gold being lost as I write this...LOL
Not to mention a gold grill or two also, lol. It's gonna be a crazy but at least it won't be another "floatopia" like last year. Pigs I tell ya!

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to get off topic Top.

Not to mention a gold grill or two also, lol. It's gonna be a crazy but at least it won't be another "floatopia" like last year. Pigs I tell ya!

No problem, topics float. That is how conversations work. :-)
Wow that floatopia was a disaster. I've seen a lot of beach events in a lot of cities around the globe.
Even Copacabana in Rio on New Years Eve doesn't look that bad. :-(

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to Miami south beach a few times with great success. There are tons of coins most locals use the Minelab 3030 so they tune the coins out and go for gold and silver. One weekend trip I retrieved 3 golds and a silver ring and $30 or so in coins. That was my best trip there.

South beach is the tourist area, go a little more south of the hotel areas and you hit the locals beaches. North of southbeach district is the upperend hotels.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread