May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have noticed in the last year that several beach hunters around me have dropped their excals for the etrac for the beach - wet and dry sand. Two of them still use their excals in the surf but on the beach its the etrac. Two others sold their excals because they said they only use the etrac now. Is the etrac better/deeper for some reason? I am curious because its 4 different people now and I feel like they know something I do not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Me, I like going in the water, especially in the summer when its hot I will take the detector in knee-waist high surf and I dont want to worry about it.
Agreed 100% AB. I love to hunt in the water because it's refreshing and that's where the goodies are. I used to take the SovGT in shallow but always felt uncomfortable especially the first time I had a wave sneak up from behind. I did the plastic covers and cases etc and it just became a hassle not to mention the fact these "land" machines are NOT made to breath in heavy doses of salt air. Had to send the GT to Kellyco to have some corroded PODs replaced. And knowing you can dip the machine in water without concern is priceless. To all those wondering if you should get an Excal or CTX if hunting saltwater beaches, the answer is yes...

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
After considering what I wanted for my next beach machine I decided to go waterproof. I ended up picking up a used excal ii from a member of my MD Club. Its in perfect condition, it looks brand new. It has no mods, original everything and not even a scratch. I have looked at several over the last year but never made the purchase because they had too much wear. My plan is to mod it with a large coil for beach hunting and use my CZ in the water. I am probably selling my whites DF since I just don't really need it as a backup anymore and I never go in the water past chest deep.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a straight shaft and add the pin point switch mod too. You'll wonder how you ever lived without them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions