Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a mask and I hit older areas more than most - with my Pi I used to get old stuff around 1 1/2 feet to 2 foot range after the others
cleaned the stuff out from 1 1/2 to surface - I would get faint readings on my Pi - fan down around 6 ins. then re scan target
- then scoop - I use an RTG and when I scoop for deeper targets I position it straight down - so Im taking out around a foot
of sand/muck etc. (plus most times I can see just how deep my holes are)
- by the sound of the next pass - if loud I know its just a few more inches or not so loud I can gauge usually just how much deeper it is
its all in learning your machine and the spots you hit
I can do the same with my CZ21 in all metal - I got spots that are clean except for stuff down really deep - I got 11 silver halfs
from spots that were given up for cleaned - every one was around 2 foot range and faint
Ive taken my cz21 on CW relic hunts and have found lead 3 ring minie balls and a few musket balls in measurable holes in dirt
to confirm its depth capabilities - I was finding them in 2 foot range and others were checking with there land machines and
getting ghost signals - faint in and out or nothing at all and they were shocked to witness me pull them from depth
its important to know your machine - helps to have good hearing too

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper... How long have you been running your CZ ?

Any probs in that time ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper... How long have you been running your CZ ?

Any probs in that time ?
GOT A CZ20 IN A TRADE AROUND 2005 - I GOT IT AS A BACK UP FOR MY PI PRO
AND TO USE IN FLA. - PI UNFRIENDLY TERRITORY - WHEN THEY STARTED DOIN THE CONVERSIONS
GOT IT DONE MAYBE 2007 ?? - THEN GOT A NEW USED FROM EBAY FOR LIKE $650 - NOT A SCRATCH ON IT
BUT IT WAS ONE OF A BATCH THAT HAD A LEAK PROB THRU KNOBS - FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY - BUT THEY FIXED FOR FREE
CAUSE MY SERIAL # WAS ONE OF THE BATCH - I WAS SO USED TO HAVING 2 - ALWAYS HAVING ONE AS A BACK UP
WHEN I SENT THAT ONE -WHICH WAS A TRUE CZ21 IN - WAS AT TAX TIME - GOT A BUDDLE BACK - SO TREATED MYSELF
TO A BRAND NEW ONE - I HAD FRIENDS GOING WITH ME THAT COULD NOT AFFORD A WATER MACHINE - SO I'D LET THEM BORROW
ONE - SO I'D STILL HAVE MINE AND THE CONVERSION UNIT AS A BACK UP - GOODTHING CAUSE ONE TIME FRIEND SCREWED ONE UP
IM PRETTY HARD ON MACHINES - AND HAVE WORN THRU A FEW COILS - HUNTING IN ROCKS AND CORAL - WORE THRU A FEW RODS TOO
NEVER HAD A PROB WITH THEM ELECTRONIC WISE
LAST YEAR I BANGED MY SCOOP HANDLE AGAINST ONE OF MY KNOBS AND BROKE IT OFF AND CAUSED MY OWN SMALL LEAK - LUCKILY IN WAS IN FRESH WATER - SENT IN AND THEY DID FOR FREE EVEN THOUGH WARRANTY WAS UP - IVE HELPED THEM SELL MORE THAN A FEW MACHINES OVER THE YEARS - JUST THRU MY STORIES AND ARTICLES -ALSO iVE MET THE GUY A FEW TIMES THAT DOES THE REPAIRS - FELIX - GREAT GUY
SO I HAVE 3 NOW - ONE IS SET UP NORMAL - OTHER IS ON CHEST MOUNT AND OTHER IS SET UP TO RELIC HUNT - THEY BEEN
BERRY BERRY GOOD TO ME

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years... seems like forever... I have seen these around the beaches and such...
I always have heard mixed reviews on em...
Some people love em... some the opposite.

I knew you used one and must be one of the lovers... but was curious as to your experiences with it etc.

Good penny machine I hear :P :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I THOUGHT I SENT YOU MY ALBUM PAGE - MOST STUFF - FROM THE WATER SINCE 2006-07 TILL PRESENT FOUND WITH CZs
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/
ID SAY OTHER THAN TRIPS OUT OF NEWENGLAND - THAT 90% IS FROM OLDER SPOTS AND SPOTS OTHERS GAVE UP ON YRS AGO
AS BEING WORKED OUT

Over the years... seems like forever... I have seen these around the beaches and such...

I knew you used one and must be one of the lovers... but was curious as to your experiences with it etc.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ACTUALLY - THE ONLY PLACE I GET MORE PENNIES THAN CLAD IS IN FLA.USUALLY

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the guys I know that had them and gave up on them were using them wrong - and the best way to use them to their max potential is to use in all metal and 95% of the guys wont - but that's why I get what they leave behind I guess

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rykroll - what PI do you have ?

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a sea Hunter Mark 2. I love the machine I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. It's tough to know if I am or not I have don't dry sand tests but it seems like it operates a little differently in the water. I use a big stealth scoop I get most of my finds in 1 or 2 scoops.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a sea Hunter Mark 2. I love the machine I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. It's tough to know if I am or not I have don't dry sand tests but it seems like it operates a little differently in the water. I use a big stealth scoop I get most of my finds in 1 or 2 scoops.
Sandy Point Monday and Tuesday should be good if it stays Hot like it is now. (6am to 9am hunting only), I should be there by 7am each day, look me up if your there.

I had a Sea Hunter several years ago, and the depth was running about 14 inch's on a nickel, and that depth had a lot to do with the mix I was digging in... 14 in the salt water sand, shells and rocks were less.. Things are very badly sanded in right now so looks like fresh drops are the only Op's until we get some changes in the winds.

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be at sandy point next Saturday and Sunday I'll be wearing my O's hat and blue swim trunks.

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could be there Monday and Tuesday I gotta work

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll see you Sunday then... Should be two guys there with blue smurf gloves, with the same color of sifters, yellow n blue. I'll be the much smaller of the two. The other is my buddy Scott, and more then likely I'll be there around 6:30am. Most will meet in the parking lot after the hunt time to BS around 9:10am, should be a few.

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out there today didn't find anything the tide was very high I'm not sure if I'll be there tomorrow supposed to be very high again tomorrow plus stormy. Really bad conditions. The horse shoe crabs covered the beach today. They freak me out! Which didn't help

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If most of them are being honest...... you cant tell. 3 scoops may mean you missed the target. best way is to test in the wet sand CAREFULLY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread