billwnh

Feb 22, 2013
Wolfeboro, NH
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice as I am getting ready to purchase my 1st waterproof machine. I currently have an Etrac, which is a great machine but I am looking for capability to detect in rivers and shallow fresh water mainly, not the ocean. I am looking at a CTX 3030 and I really like what I am seeing with this unit. I will still be detecting mostly land for coins etc... but feel I am missing alot of opportunities in the water(beaches/swimming holes) and am real nervous about bringing the Etrac into the water. The other machine I am considering is an Excalibur II as an option for the water and keeping the Etrac for land. I know that this would be the less expensive option but the CTX has so many advanced features over the Etrac..... I don't plan to go any deeper than chest depth so no scuba diving etc...

I know this question will likely open up a can of worms as there are other water proof options available, but I am really liking the Minelab products and wish to stay in that product line.

Thanks for any feedback or thoughts !

Bill

Upvote 0

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And Gary Drayton's would be the other. You're going to love the CTX. Just be patient...GL and SH

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my new minelab excal 2, she is the beach master salt and black sand is no problem. Took mine yesterday swung it so long I cramped up like Frankenstein almost had to drag it off the beach.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Sent mine to Dave and Marty @ Kellyco on Friday to tune her up. Looking forward to getting her back in the Ocean soon...
Love my new minelab excal 2, she is the beach master salt and black sand is no problem. Took mine yesterday swung it so long I cramped up like Frankenstein almost had to drag it off the beach.

grey95chevyboy

Jan 5, 2016
Stuart
Detector(s) used
Cz-21 cz-3d cz-5 whites classic 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today for a couple hours on dry sand with my cz21, at the end of my 3 hour hunt I was positive one more swing would have dislocated my shoulder.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today for a couple hours on dry sand with my cz21, at the end of my 3 hour hunt I was positive one more swing would have dislocated my shoulder.

You need this carbon fiber shaft I have for sale ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465321789.266122.jpg

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like my CZ-20, but after 4-5 hours swinging on dry land or wet sand my shoulder gets numb. I have an easier time swinging my DFX, BHID, Core. I save the CZ-20 for the water where it rocks!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You need the $15 bracket to shaft mount your CZ. You can hunt all day!

Attachments

• cz.jpg
    cz.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 63

grey95chevyboy

Jan 5, 2016
Stuart
Detector(s) used
Cz-21 cz-3d cz-5 whites classic 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need the $15 bracket to shaft mount your CZ. You can hunt all day!

sucks to hijack this post .....but i do all my hunting in all metal and constantly switching to dis. Mode with it fliped upside down does it make it tricky constantly turning the nob?or just something to learn and get used too?

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
with it fliped upside down does it make it tricky constantly turning the nob?or just something to learn and get used too?

Its simple. Doesnt make it any more easy/difficult imo.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sucks to hijack this post .....but i do all my hunting in all metal and constantly switching to dis. Mode with it fliped upside down does it make it tricky constantly turning the nob?or just something to learn and get used too?

No problem, I hunt the same. I just reach across with my left land to my right elbow and flip the knob. No problem. If it's a VERY trashy area with lots of targets, I'll stay in DISC 0 to avoid the constant switching. Seriously I almost sold my CZ before shaft mounting it. Now its my fav machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread