JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys! So sadly my Sand Shark leaked, and I sent it in. Couldn't help myself, bought a Excalibur II ! Finally had some money saved up (should of went to my college loans...) and got the detector I've always wanted!!! So, I hit the beach for about an hour yesterday and was a little confused with it. I'd like to detect with someone! I live in Jupiter, Florida but I'll drive almost anywhere on my days off. So if you're in the south Florida area, send me a message or leave a comment here so we can link up and go for a hunt! I also have a GoPro camera,and I'm about to make a YouTube channel all about metal detecting. I need some actors lol. Hope to hear from some of yah soon! :D

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adjust it so it runs as hot as you can without falsing. My settings are: discrimination....all the way left to #1, sensitivity.....all the way left to auto or just a hair right of that just off auto depending on conditions, volume....all the way right to max, threshold.....wherever it's comfortable for you, and hunt in pin point (all metal) and then switch to discrimination to I.D. iron targets. Swing it a bit slower than your White's or Sand Shark for max depth in a target rich area. It has a bit slower recover speed between targets. Now you just need to get a good 200 hours under your belt to feel comfortable with it! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Adjust it so it runs as hot as you can without falsing. My settings are: discrimination....all the way left to #1, sensitivity.....all the way left to auto or just a hair right of that just off auto depending on conditions, volume....all the way right to max, threshold.....wherever it's comfortable for you, and hunt in pin point (all metal) and then switch to discrimination to I.D. iron targets. Swing it a bit slower than your White's or Sand Shark for max depth in a target rich area. It has a bit slower recover speed between targets. Now you just need to get a good 200 hours under your belt to feel comfortable with it! :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'll give it a shot! It's so different next to my Sand Shark. I feel it goes deeper. Found twice as many target then I usually do. I'm going for a hunt this Sunday, I'll post my finds!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark,

just a question on your sensitivity settings. If you get up there around the 10 mark, is ok as long as not touching any water or maybe gray sand will mess with it. Anyway
what do you do if you are using PP and the target is actually at max depth. You can take a scoop or two out, but if switching back to disc. your coil will be to far away from
target to identify. ( or will it ??) I might think so. But, if target not at max depth on PP you could scoop and test. One more question, I have heard you can run to hot on
the sensitivity side and pass over some targets.. Hmmm...what to do, I just usually keep mine on about 6 for east coast beaches anyway, but I find that 6 will put you in the
water or sand without problems. I would appreciate if you could give some more advice on this machine, I have been using for years and might be passing up targets???
If bored I will switch to PP and dig fish hooks at 18" or so. Of course we all know the PP will get that deep ring left behind by others.... That xcal 2 is a GREAT Machine !!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are the blue 1000 models, so, the discrimination settings don't have numbers......just high to low and then auto. I run mine just off auto which is the least discrimination setting. If the beach I'm on is a bit chatty, I'll flick it into Auto, which usually eliminates that problem. I love finding targets that won't show up in Disc, but will in PP. That means they're deep and others may have missed them. Many times they'll be deep iron, but, that's the price you pay for a deep seeking machine. You won't know until you get it out of the hole and/or in your scoop. If you're in real nasty black sand, you'll lose depth, but, your machine should still be stable in Auto......at least mine are. If I bump the black sand, or, set the coil down on it and then move the coil, it will usually false, but, you can get used to that and take more care in how you swing the loop to avoid those falses. I haven't had any more problem in the water than I do on land while hunting in PP. It's rare for me to hunt in Disc. Mainly around the fire rings or other areas with tons of iron.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the secrets to hunting in PP is running Hot, Volume full with a good set of head phones (Not Stock), Success is being able to hear what others can't. So learn coil control, slow, fast, long, short sweeps as needed......if you think you hear something different stop and dig....combining beach and machine skills can really turn each hunt into a Adventure...And just remember it has to be there for you to find it...Good Luck!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are the blue 1000 models, so, the discrimination settings don't have numbers......just high to low and then auto. I run mine just off auto which is the least discrimination setting. If the beach I'm on is a bit chatty, I'll flick it into Auto, which usually eliminates that problem. I love finding targets that won't show up in Disc, but will in PP. That means they're deep and others may have missed them. Many times they'll be deep iron, but, that's the price you pay for a deep seeking machine. You won't know until you get it out of the hole and/or in your scoop. If you're in real nasty black sand, you'll lose depth, but, your machine should still be stable in Auto......at least mine are. If I bump the black sand, or, set the coil down on it and then move the coil, it will usually false, but, you can get used to that and take more care in how you swing the loop to avoid those falses. I haven't had any more problem in the water than I do on land while hunting in PP. It's rare for me to hunt in Disc. Mainly around the fire rings or other areas with tons of iron.

Should have noticed you have the 1000. You have explained some things that are common tho, thanks for help.....I for one, will never learn enough, aways trying to learn. Thanks you!!!

Maybe someone with cal2 , will pass by and read and guide as to the 2. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread