Bought my first magnet

nuclearwhiskey

Jan 31, 2014
Western NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I picked up my first magnet to try fishing for goodies in the water this weekend. I will post about my adventure, hopefully I will catch something good. New York has a long history so, who knows. Its a 100 lbs pull and is strong, scary strong. I took it into work to show a few co workers and put it in my pocket when a customer needed a tank filled. After I filled it up, I turned and heard a "CLANG!" The damn magnet grabbed the tank through my pocket and I had to explain why I had a heavy duty magnet in my pocket as we tried to pull me away from his tank. He was a older guy and got a huge laugh out of it. :treasurechest:

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain obvious here ......be careful with that thing.

OP
OP
N

nuclearwhiskey

Jan 31, 2014
Western NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No no its a fine thing to say. I had no idea how dangerous these things really are. I feel like I need to treat it like a firearm.

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm looking for a magnet for my scoop...any suggestions where to get one locally?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not certain what your intended use of that powerful a magnet is for? What ever you are looking for is going to be iron based. If it for a scoop there are cheaper..... less dangerous ones and most of us only use them if we are using a PI. Earth magnets can be tricky to even put in a car..... watch you fingers.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not certain what your intended use of that powerful a magnet is for? What ever you are looking for is going to be iron based. If it for a scoop there are cheaper..... less dangerous ones and most of us only use them if we are using a PI. Earth magnets can be tricky to even put in a car..... watch you fingers.
Magnet fishing- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/191214-anyone-try-magnet-fishing-before.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...y-daughter-magnet-fishing-civil-crossing.html

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a magnet and it has a hole in it I want to put the circle bolt in there it sticks out half inch on the bottom and I don't get a flush grab. Anything I can do about that?
3dcd49213255af4f4d6c8800db70b944.jpg
6eabc6d07ef05fa0f795374ef66334fa.jpg
5bb82b21071f151bfe9659b667640452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth1253, maybe? flush anchor eyebolt-

flush_anchor_and_eyebolt_racing_line.jpg

I literally saw a guy toss a safe (from his trunk) into a canal about 5-6 years ago as I was driving to work one morning off the side of the Fl. turnpike. It appeared to be unopened but I can't say for sure. One day I will take my magnet out there and search for it.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got my magnet due to frustration. :) I would find a target in the water scoop and nothing, scoop and nothing. After posting here, I found out it was most likely a hair pin that would fall out of the holes in scoop. So as suggested I added a magnet. Purchased one from harbor fright and attached to bottom of my scoop. Happy I did it. Was only about $5.oo. 13942457_904623526316371_2136289507_n.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions