All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your PM....

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just sent you a PM.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Bedford

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG your going to try the Darkside!! Terry won't be able to sleep for months...

Good Luck with the new adventure!

OP
OP
DewGuru

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG your going to try the Darkside!! Terry won't be able to sleep for months...

Good Luck with the new adventure!

Reluctantly. :D

Blew out my digging arm almost a year ago ... lifetime of abuse. Figured I would try to extend it's usefulness in the future, after surgery, with less hole digging.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Reluctantly. :D

Blew out my digging arm almost a year ago ... lifetime of abuse. Figured I would try to extend it's usefulness in the future, after surgery, with less hole digging.

You will enjoy the discrimination. I am done with PIs for now until they come out with one that really blows away excal/cz21 in low mineralization environments. At least where I am on the east coast a PI just isn't worth it...except maybe the TDI Pro but of course its not waterproof

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe my eyes......... the Guru going VLF??? From one Dew to another, pick up a used blue. Consider $1200 for new because if you want it moded...... there goes the 1 year warranty anyway. You being a PI guys, you will want a PP switch which for you will make it a piece of cake. I seen one recently moded on a forum classified.......$750 i think. Even if there is anything wrong...... say a coil..... $350 max and everything is then gone over and pressure tested. Ive had almost NO repair costs with the blues and they arent nearly as chatty especially in the surf. GL out there buddy. Also...... consider FL state tax.

Dew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe my eyes......... the Guru going VLF??? From one Dew to another, pick up a used blue. Consider $1200 for new because if you want it moded...... there goes the 1 year warranty anyway. You being a PI guys, you will want a PP switch which for you will make it a piece of cake. I seen one recently moded on a forum classified.......$750 i think. Even if there is anything wrong...... say a coil..... $350 max and everything is then gone over and pressure tested. Ive had almost NO repair costs with the blues and they arent nearly as chatty especially in the surf. GL out there buddy. Also...... consider FL state tax.

Dew

If Minelab repair center at Kellyco does the mods your warranty is still good through them... If anyone else does it warranty is voided plus you run the chance of them butchering your motherboard and costing you even more money...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

With this being the case, a straight shaft modification to your Excal will put a whole lot less stress on your swinging arm.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
If Minelab repair center at Kellyco does the mods your warranty is still good through them... If anyone else does it warranty is voided plus you run the chance of them butchering your motherboard and costing you even more money...

Or swapping boards on you...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings and Salutations fellow gold seekers!

I am looking for suggestions on a reputable dealer for an Excal.
I know they're unable to put their "special" pricing in writing due to
contractual issues, so those in the know, please let me in on the know.

Best wishes and golden scoops!

Guess you already went through Treasure_Hunter,, but there was one more option ( for an ole Vet like myself or some of you younger vets), I used my Military VA card, which I sent copy to Kellyco via printer scan, and got 10% off total price.( wife said it was 15%, one or the other for sure.)
Kellyco really has stepped up to the plate on this discount with Veterans and I salute them for it. Thank you Kellyco !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions