METAL DETECTING MYRTLE BEACH, SC.

Swanie1

May 6, 2003
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
Has anyone found anything decent while metal detecting on Myrtle Beach. I thought that I'd try my luck at hunting, there, when we visit in October. I've got an older Garrett XL500 Seahunter Pulse detector that seems to work well on salt sand. Are there any areas, there, that are better than others? I need all of the advice that I can get as I'm kind of a newbie at beach hunting.

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swanie1...I went down a couple of months ago and I didn't do too well. But, while I was detecting I ran across another guy hitting right at the waters edge..as I walked over to him he got a hit and started digging as we were talking...a few seconds later out popped a gold wedding band..just my luck..lol
He told me he and his buddy had found 3 or 4 silver rings and they come down from NC every couple of weeks..said it was better hunting down at Myrtle Beach...If you get there..head to the south end of the beach...Near SpringMaid pier...that was where they had their best finds. Good luck and let us know if you find anything.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I live in Myrtle Beach and hunt the beaches quite a bit. I have a couple beaches that seem to work better than the others and I'd be happy to hunt with you if you want company when you get here.
P.M. me.
Be safe.
xXx

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Yes, snowbird there. But... :-X

;D

Best advice, head out after either a storm serge or a lovely day. People hit the beach just to enjoy the scenery, even in winter.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found my first gold ring there- HUNT THE WATER LINE!

HH
-GC

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
I agree....hunt the water line. However...take note of where the people set up their chairs......always BEHIND the life guard's stand. As such, see their formation and hunt that line also after they are gone....or REAL EARLY in the A.M. When I was there in April, I found a lot of dropped items under the tents....again...behind the Lifeguard's stand. When I say early....at the hint of the sun coming up...I was out there...and found there were alreay 3 other MD'ers out there.

Good Luck, and HH
Mel

borninok

geodetecting

Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, this was confusing to understand. I have starting this here, so, I know gold and how its really heavy, I know to hunt the water line, but when, high or low tide and should I be in the water more since I now have the AT Pro?
Thanks
GDT

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't read it, order yourself a copy of "Gold Beneath The Waves"
Treasure Hunting The Surf And Sand by Jim Brouwer from Amazon.com.
It's all about Myrtle Beach, where Jim detected.
When you read it, you will feel like you are hunting with him.
I found this to be interesting, easy to read, and loaded with good information.
If I was a Newbie at Beach Hunting, and was only able to read one
book, this would be the one, especially if I going to detect at Myrtle Beach.

Has anyone found anything decent while metal detecting on Myrtle Beach. I thought that I'd try my luck at hunting, there, when we visit in October. I've got an older Garrett XL500 Seahunter Pulse detector that seems to work well on salt sand. Are there any areas, there, that are better than others? I need all of the advice that I can get as I'm kind of a newbie at beach hunting.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a really big antique silver ring there in the white sand at the high water mark.

bwstephen

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
I was down at Garden City in Feb. I normally use an etrac, but got a deal on an Excalibur. I found a gold engagement ring with small diamonds and on the same day a gold ear ring with diamonds. The Excalibur is a killer on the beach, you need to discriminate iron only. On these detectors gold registers with pull tabs and bottle caps. Probably passing over allot of good targets. We are moving to Garden City as soon as house sells.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
149k.gif

Chris getz

Aug 16, 2015
Thomasville
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT PRO METAL DETECTOR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detector

Here is my cell I'll be coming down Friday on 23 ....1-336-301-7300 I would like it if I had someone to metal detected with and thinks my name is chris

SousChefDiggins

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2015
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 weeks ago, I popped two silver rings about 3 feet apart, in the dry sand "path" leading off the beach to the walkway. I'm guessing they were in a towel, and shaken out or dropped from a shoe or towel, leaving the beach.

bwstephen

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
I now live in Garden City and go to the beach hunting often. My best find is a Tiffany & Co. 18K gold wedding band, not bad for an Oct. surprise. I have found numerous rings< some silver and many titanium, but there are some good ones to. It is nice to got metal hunting and not have to ask permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread