Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1326822 OK fellow hunters,,, I guess now maybe I can understand the 920i scoops purpose. I was trough hunting in nice but very stained HH s.c. waters and
found a couple of hits (junk) but was having trouble putting my scoop in the right area since so deep, but could see my mark on top of scoop handle which
I could point in the right direction for the dig. Had to give up on a couple hits, in disc.1 sen.6 . (10 " DD Coil) Just could not get on target with scoop....OK, I think maybe
the way I should approach this being to my chest in water( 6'3") (calm but stained to bad to see scoop, just notch. I'm thinking what I should actually have of course like
most have said a 920i instead of the 720i I am using. I got that part....but being what it is, what I tried doing is to find and center target with coil and put right
foot to the rear of the coil after centering and then put scoop just in front of foot and take a bite from there forward. Lots of noise getting the scoop and coil together
for just a moment but bearable. Maybe target very deep??filling in quickly??off with the scoop area? on and on and on.....knee deep not so bad but chest is tough
for me anyway. newbie for sure...

keep in mind this is CALM water(low tide soft bottom)....WOW,,,how in the heck with some chop???

What is your easiest way of digging the target out there, where by sight won't work and you need to put scoop firmly on target to produce the target into the scoop and dig
where needs to be dug.... I hope this comes out alright, i'm confusing myself really...not much of a author, and or describer......

Always learning, but hey,,, I'm in the right place to learn....

Thank you,
Dennis

water was nice today, it was 101 here today.,,,,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
do you have a link or supplier you know of that may carry the proper grip for the CF 720i handle??

Thanks,
Dennis
Measure your handle and do not go bigger, these stretch with a little heat.

While hunting you feel right where the scoop is facing, a big help and time saver.

OBN0357.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read in the Red box then look at the chart.
If you have a 20 degree scoop and keep the handle up straight I Think you will be digging way past your target. the deeper the water you are in the harder it is to push the handle out in front of you to try to dig down straighter.

I show a 10 inch deep target. A 5 inch deep target would be 6 inches behind the coil to start scooping this is to hit the target you would want to be back say 8 inches to insure you get it..

My 2 cents
Your right on...when I miss a target with my 720 its because Im too far in front of the target, never off to the side and never too far behind it...after 5 years of water hunting you would think I would have learned to start my dig far enough back...I get it right 90% of the time but when I miss, its because Im too far forward.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use gloves with rubberized palms that stick to my handle real good and give great grip - I think I sent some to OBN - don't know if he tried yet

do you have a link or supplier you know of that may carry the proper grip for the CF 720i handle??

Thanks,
Dennis

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I use gloves with rubberized palms that stick to my handle real good and give great grip - I think I sent some to OBN - don't know if he tried yet

I will have to try them soon, most of the time I use a drysuit and dry gloves but just got some 3mm farmer johns with a 2mm pullover for the jetski, those gloves will be on next trip out..Thanks Mr. Casper!!

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to use goggles in Galveston Tx. Water clarity not!! More like chocolate milk. I never give up I will dig a crater but whatever the excal 2 is hitting on she'll be in the scoop sooner or later. Big problem 4 me are the big jumping bait fish and what's chasing them? ???

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to use goggles in Galveston Tx. Water clarity not!! More like chocolate milk. I never give up I will dig a crater but whatever the excal 2 is hitting on she'll be in the scoop sooner or later. Big problem 4 me are the big jumping bait fish and what's chasing them? ???

That's a good attitude; persistence !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread