Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my lobster rig. It is absolutely devastating for catching a limit of lobster. I have used this rig for metal detecting at the Islamorada sand bar and it works great on the deep edge of the channel. Im gonna try it out at an old rope swing spot thats about 10 feet deep. Lets u keep digging with out having to come up for air. Strap on some lead and moon walk on the bottom. My paddle splits in 2 and stores inside the kyayk. Great for those spots that you just cant reach the bottom with your coil and still breath through your snorkel. No bulky tank on your back just pull the kyayk along by the air hose. Only thing missing from these pics is my fins and mask and a small anchor I use. Sometimes I just use booties instead of fins. I have shot some nice fish from this rig too. photo-61.JPG photo-60.JPG
It has an upper and lower seat , plenty of storage in the back, and 4 built in rod holders for those times you just want to fish from it. My 4 year old son loves to sit in the lower seat while I paddle from the upper seat.

Upvote 0

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silly question, are you scuba certified?

Nice setup. I don't use fins in shallow water. Stirs up the silt and muck more. Since you crawl on the bottom while detecting I find them not needed.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes im certified and I agree about the fins. most of the time they sit in the back of the yak. Most of the time im free diving, snorkeling, or useing a full hookah rig but I still strap on the tank from time to time. I shell dive and lobester dive with the hookah most of the time. When I metal detect ilike to crawl along the bottom with my booties. When it starts to get deep ill glide along with my fins swinging the detector with the pole fully extended. When its even deeper I use the kyayk rig you see here. Got to get up to south beach sooon !!!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Farewell Spanish ladies we bid you adieu
Farewell Spanish ladies, you ladies of Spain
For we have received orders to sail back to Boston
And never more will we see you again...sorry, couldn't resist

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
I have stayed at Holiday isles and have seen all the boats out there and thought it would be a nice spot to detect.
good to see someone hit it:occasion14:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should say that austin. I have worked on a shark boat part of the year for the last 20 years. My other nick name is cheif, you know cheif brody from jaws. We are one of the last federally permitted shark long liners. 15 miles of line 1000 hooks. My buddy from high school owns the boat and we have fished together for 25 years. I dont fear sharks but I definitely respect them. Would hate to have to shove my coil down ones throat. photo-62.JPG

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sandbar is a great spot always filling with new jewlrey. Lots of beer bottle caps.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LIKE IT :thumbsup:

...ONE OF MY SET UPS...30 FOOT HOSE

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice rig casper-2. Small compact and portable I like it. Obviously it works well because I've seen quite a few posts of very successful days from you. You are the man that water looks cold and murkey up there. How does that full face mask with built in snorkel work. ?? Someone gave me one I havent tried it yet. Going in a couple hours maybe ill try it out. Waiting for tide drop.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mention it (the mask)
in other post below
waters warming up a bit - I wear long sleeve shorty right now - will go down to long sleeve kayak jacket soon - as warm as our waters ever get - still to cold for guys from down south
its been churned up from high winds - have not gotten a break - but its not often murky
I don't get out that much with the snuba - as much as id like - its not allowed in beach areas during season

Thats a nice rig casper-2. Small compact and portable I like it. Obviously it works well because I've seen quite a few posts of very successful days from you. You are the man that water looks cold and murkey up there. How does that full face mask with built in snorkel work. ?? Someone gave me one I havent tried it yet. Going in a couple hours maybe ill try it out. Waiting for tide drop.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking rigs!! Should bring in some treasures.

I seen this photo over on Facebook and though it might strike a few smiles. Or Yikes!

OBN0366.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Git err done !!! Wow. Gotta do watcha gotta do. Maybe theres laughing gas in there.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farewell Spanish ladies we bid you adieu
Farewell Spanish ladies, you ladies of Spain
For we have received orders to sail back to Boston
And never more will we see you again...sorry, couldn't resist

I see what you did there and I like it! Now if someone could show me the way to go home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread