Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a little swisheroo today around the local Redneck Riviera. Good Lordy, but I love a pocket beach! Hal didnā€™t find much, so he was irked. He hit it big yesterday (and I mean bigā€¦ a 14K mans band - about a size 15! It was huge!). But "the Sheriff" (his partner yesterday) wore old Hal out and he wasnt up to his usual treasure scoopin' self today - he got nut and was in a frenzy, passing to and fro hoping to snag something good. He did find a stainless steel "tribal" motif ring, though, which I thought was pretty cool

UNUSUAL DETECTOR:
My Tiger Shark is on the fritz and is going back to Tesoro, so I hadda improvise with my Golden. Not a water machine at all, I had to stay in the shallows with it and be careful. I double bagged it, wrapped all cables with tape and sealed the whole thing with the Tesoro dust cover. If it had a longer cable I would have hung it in a neck pouch. But man alive, how I wish they made that thing in a waterproof case! All the good features of a Tesoro, PLUS tone ID. I gotta get cooking on a waterproof AquaGolden. We were only there about 2.5 hours.

This is the stuff worth keeping.

DSCF0010.jpg

Up top are three rings, two junk and the uppermost a little 10K with diamond and opal sporting the words ā€œLOVEā€ across the center. A bunch of dangly, spangly earrings and hoops, which I dote on, and the usual assorted coinage rounded out the gleanings.

And of course, no detecting adventure would be complete without a pic of the junk to add that oh, so, important touch of realism.

DSCF0009.jpg

That porcupine-looking thing in back is the catch magnet, which fell out of my scoop. It collected all the ferrous crap in my pocket and became encrusted with it. From now on I am going to keep one handy in my pouch for this reason. I hot-glued the magnet back in my scoop and Iā€˜m good to go again. Bobby pins, sinkers, bottle tops, foil bitsies, someones dental retainer - all the typical crapola was found.

Thanks for looking and Treasure To You.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, nice finds. What part of the country are you hunting in? I don't believe I've ever found a 'pair' of earrings before. That's a nice find.

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

Im in the South - the deeeeeep south. ;D
<<<<< have a look at my state university's logo, to the left. That might give you a clue.

This is not the first time Ive found paired earrings, either. Its unusual, though, to say the least.

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scoop magnets are not just for scoops...

I like the catch magnet, good tip, thanks
Yep, ur welcome. Of course you SHOULD have a strong magnet in your scoop, to catch things like fish hooks, etc. But I hit on the pocket magnet by accident.

I tend to just dump all finds into a pocket of my apron or trunks since Im pretty casual during the hot summer months and dont wear a bunch of stuff. I figure the fewer accoutrements you adorn yourself with, the less attention you are likely to attract.

Everybody on a beach is watching you anyway (since, besides bikini babes, there isn't THAT much to look at in the first place), and there is little sense in looking like some ocean explorer with all sorts of stylish, "dangly" things festooning your person. Keep a low profile, that's my motto. But, I digress...

Having a magnet in your collection pocket or pouch will help the ferrous junk to "congregate," and honestly, just seems like a cool thing to do. Let's call it frivolous inspiration, eh?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad yall had some luck..I went to Folley about a month ago and found nothing..Gonna try and hit it later in July..HH and keep digging.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, nice to find the pair of earrings, every time I bring one home the wife says, only 1?

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"... nice to find the pair of earrings, every time I bring one home the wife says, only 1?"

I know, huh? Lori took one look at the bangly earrings and went, "Pooph, yeah right. Like Im going to wear something like that! What else you got?"

You'd think I was a hawker at the flea market or something. I think the girl is spoiled, I do. :P

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a bad lookin "chicken" in your profile pic..lol

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the few know the deal - Go Gamecocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread