My first experience at the beach.

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to a beach in Connecticut for the first time. The AT Pro seemed to work ok in the dry sand. I found some trash and some coins and one little charm. I did ground balance it often and had it three from max for sensitivity. I bought one of the Aluminum waist high curved handle scoopers and it worked great in the dry sand. { nothin like the clink of a beer cap in it lol lol } I went into the wet wave area and seemed to have a lot of trouble getting the AT Pro to work in this area, a lot of small shells in this area if that matters. The scooper didn't work as well here as in the dry sand. I made it less sensitive and ground balanced often and seemed to be getting a lot of beeping chatter. I went in the water just below my knees. The AT Pro worked well in the water. The scoop worked well here also. The bottom was sandy and rocks were smaller then golf ball size. Had a lot of fun and hope to make a couple of more trips this summer. Thank you all for your advice and help. P.S remember that I am new to this and some of my problems may have been operator error.

Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
switch to manual ground balance and lower it down to 12 or 13 and see how that works for you. You should see the chatter clean up a little and it should calm down.

OP
OP
F

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slider66 thnx for the help, i will try that.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
med_662355227edf550dbc.gif

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I had an AT Pro in the water, my GB was set between 8-10, with the SENS just high enough to stop the chatter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread