6-26 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little over 5 hours in the water in the calm, clear water. Weather couldn't have better. I saw an about a half a dozen other hunters, talked to most of them. First up was Toddbbq, not much to report. About 10 minutes after talking to him I found the phone. Just past the pier, Lookindown gives the rundown on what him, Mike and Dave had found. Saw Dave next, seperated by a group of people, so didn't talk to him on that pass. Next up was Mike, told me more about Dave's ring. So, finally see Dave again and he shows me the ring, man, what a beauty. Mike's pictures don't do it justice.

Worked my way past the pier again. I could hear someone saying something about a dolphin and thought I saw people pointing farther out in the water. So imagine my surprise when it surfaces around 12 ft from me. No video this time, operator error is to blame.
Good luck and happy hunting.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Willie, a dolphin rolled up about 15 feet from me early in the morning...that's as close as Ive had one come to me while detecting in the water.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Willie, a dolphin rolled up about 15 feet from me early in the morning...that's as close as Ive had one come to me while detecting in the water.
It's pretty cool how they just cruise on by. A little startling too. LOL Pretty sure I got video of one from last year. It wasn't quite as close though.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the iPhone, looks in good shape. Glad you were able to get out and hunt. That is funny about the dolphin surprising you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the iPhone, looks in good shape. Glad you were able to get out and hunt. That is funny about the dolphin surprising you.
No so funny when when the first thing you see is the dorsel fin. Different shape than a shark, but, the first sight can be a start.....especially in low light situations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions