Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the weekend at Ft. Lauderdale with family...got in three short hunts for a total of about 7 hours...never been down to that area and was surprised at the number of targets...water was unreal clear...I saw barracudas, stingrays, manatees and other fish...my best find was a gold grille...that's been on my wish list for a long time...it passed 10k test and weighs 4 grams...funny to see your target in the scoop smiling back at you...I also got a junker ring that fooled me for a second...had a great time with a gold bonus...good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how our wives feel about grills, mine reacts the same way. Congrats on your first grill....do you remember what tone it rang out as on the CZ21....on the CTX, they normally come in like can slaw or foil, got one with the Sand Shark years ago that was a double beep and I almost didn't dig and the same thing happened with an Excal...... really curious what tone yours hit on the CZ was there anything in the tone that made you think trash?

Cliff
It was a mid tone but a faint sounding tone...not like the solid tone you get with a gold ring...like the target was deep but it was shallow.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LD glad you had a good time. I was out Sat morning and met Big Mike and Dave. Sorry I missed meeting you.
Yeah, I came out later...Mike and Dave got three rings...Mike got a big silver ring and David got a Tiffany silver ring...sorry I missed you too.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lookindown, I am so happy that you found something to remove from your "bucket list". That is a terrific find, and it is an item that is still on my bucket list.

I visited Ft. Lauderdale many years ago; I loved the area; my brother had lived there; I was not into detecting at the time that I had visited...after viewing your finds, I think I may have to take another trip down there:hello2:

Congrats on great detecting1

Lorraine

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
I went up to the beach and dropped it in my wifes hand...she freaked out and said eww, eww eww...I went like I was going to put it my mouth and she about passed out...I didn't think it was gross, I thought it was awesome.

hell yea man, id try that thing on just to freak my girl out, good times bro

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Bountyhunter, 2 Howie scoops 1 RTG scoop
Primary Interest:
Yeah, I came out later...Mike and Dave got three rings...Mike got a big silver ring and David got a Tiffany silver ring...sorry I missed you too.

May get up your way someday I have family in the area. Maybe our paths will cross.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Only hunted in the water...90% of finds were in waist deep trough next to shore...grill was found chest deep, past the sandbar...one of the very few targets I got out deep.

I'm hitting Ft. Lauderdale this weekend with my daughter for 3 days. Hope I have a little luck like you did.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookindown, I am so happy that you found something to remove from your "bucket list". That is a terrific find, and it is an item that is still on my bucket list.

I visited Ft. Lauderdale many years ago; I loved the area; my brother had lived there; I was not into detecting at the time that I had visited...after viewing your finds, I think I may have to take another trip down there:hello2:

Congrats on great detecting1

Lorraine
Thanks Lorraine...Ft. Lauderdale beach strip is a beautiful place...I will go back.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better then I'm doing on the west coast. Water temps are in the 90's. Bath water. Target's slim to nun. Very nice Lookin. :occasion14:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was beautiful out there. Water was crystal clear. Here's my ring before and after a little cleaning....

DSC00902.JPG DSC00905.JPG

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hitting Ft. Lauderdale this weekend with my daughter for 3 days. Hope I have a little luck like you did.
Good luck and have fun.

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comin in a little late on the thread but I have found 3 grills so far. As my wife said, I got my first three government checks LOL. Here is a pic of two of them tt.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread