ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Greetings from Michigan all you water hunters. Casper said I should visit this forum so I decided to say hello. I hunt the fresh water lakes and rivers in Michigan which are:

I mostly dive. For two reasons. It is much easier to fan than it is to scoop in most my spots. Even in shallow water under the sand is clay and 99% of the targets are on top of the clay. This is a picture of my war room:

I do wade though and have two Sunspot scoops.

Lately I have been hunting a spot in Detroit. In the last month it has given up 21 pieces of gold and over 180 pieces of silver. I have been posting on Today's Finds forum and not here.

I have found more gold and silver since I took the pictures. No picture of the silver rings yet.

Anyway, just thought I would stop in and say hello. I try to answer any questions about water hunting and I have tips on my website for anyone interested. My main tip has always been stay safe. Know what you are doing and be comfortable in the water. Get certified as a diver even on hookah. My website is scubadetector.com

I had a good friend drown while detecting a few years back and an an acquaintance. If in trouble ditch your equipment. None of it is worth your life. A lot of divers know that boaters have absolutely no idea what a dive flag is. Becoming propeller bait is not my idea of having fun.

I have three water machines. Two CZ-21's, one with an 8" and the other with a 10.5 inch coil and a Tiger Shark with both the 8" and 10" interchangeable coils. I use the 8" in weeds and the 10.5 in open sandy areas.

This is a good website with plenty of great people on board. (The mods are ok also!) Enjoy your water adventures and the summer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your war room.:thumbsup: Don't ya love the Tiger Shark being able to change coils?

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you've found a lot of great stuff! I like your war room too.
The teeth are kinda creepy, but hey, it's gold! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Love your war room.:thumbsup: Don't ya love the Tiger Shark being able to change coils?

Yes, I do love that about the Shark. Glad I have both coils also. I do think the CZ gets deeper though but the Shark sure hits nickels and gold hard. A great secondary machine.

Wow you've found a lot of great stuff! I like your war room too.
The teeth are kinda creepy, but hey, it's gold! :thumbsup:

I agree about the teeth. Strange thing is I found another one last week in the same spot which has more gold.

I really am finding a lot of stuff at this spot. Thanks for the comments. If you like my war room, my war on treasure vehicles are also nice.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcomeJ.jpg keep-up-the-good-work.jpg

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
awesome man, checked out scubadetector.com also, very nicely done!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I do love that about the Shark. Glad I have both coils also. I do think the CZ gets deeper though but the Shark sure hits nickels and gold hard. A great secondary machine.

I agree about the teeth. Strange thing is I found another one last week in the same spot which has more gold.

I really am finding a lot of stuff at this spot. Thanks for the comments. If you like my war room, my war on treasure vehicles are also nice.
Yowza! Can't blame the guy for wanting to lose those! They look painfull!!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your posts and what a collection of finds. Finding teeth is spooky, but gold is where you find it.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
That's a lot of nice stuff you found! What are those vehicles you mentioned in another post? I couldn't find anything about them on your site - which is a nice read by the way, but loads really slow for me.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's a lot of nice stuff you found! What are those vehicles you mentioned in another post? I couldn't find anything about them on your site - which is a nice read by the way, but loads really slow for me.

I think you are talking about my detecting vehicles? I have three. a not so normal Chevy Avalanche with some modifications

A small get to runabout boat for inland lakes:

And my larger toy for the great lakes currently docked in Lake St. Clair:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread