7-10 Beach Hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg It was a nice day for a hunt! Weather was partly sunny and the water pretty calm and clear. Picked up a few coins in the dry sand on the way to the water. The first target in the water was a junk earring in the shape of a strawberry. Went a while between targets, then hit the goldish religious item. Down near the pier, a gentleman asked me if I could find his wedding ring. In less than 10 minutes, that shape and color we're all looking for appeared in the scoop. He insisted on rewarding me, so I gridded the area until he returned. While doing this I found another junk earring and the knife. The ring owner returned and handed me some folded up bills that went straight into my waterproof pouch. He thanked me again, he shook my hand, I thanked him and I got back to hunting.

The rest of the hunt consisted of the usual coins and a few more junk earrings. The highlight of the second half of the hunt was the tungsten wedding ring. So, I get in the car and get my key fob, ID and the cash out of the waterproof pouch. Unfolding the bills, I discovered five $20 bills!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Willie...you made some cool finds and got a great reward...cant beat instant cash...congrats.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I personally thought that amount was too much. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled, but it still seemed too much. I didn't count it in front of him (thought that would be tacky). I know he appreciated it, he kept saying "I can't believe you found it!"

It was a good hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I personally thought that amount was too much. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled, but it still seemed too much. I didn't count it in front of him (thought that would be tacky). I know he appreciated it, he kept saying "I can't believe you found it!"

It was a good hunt.
You saved him the grief of losing something very sentimental and the cost of replacement...enjoy your reward.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice goin' , Willied:headbang:

That was sure a fun hunt!

Lorraine

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with lookindown. Add to that how upset his wife might be. Enjoy your reward and nice going. I see a keeper in your future.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Great recovery willie! You deserve every bit of the reward given. That rings true value was priceless to the gentlemen.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and your kindness was rewarded! Good job, you made someone very happy and he was position to show his appreciation.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Great find! Congrats

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. I appreciate the replies. I was talking to his wife while I was waiting for him to return. It turns out, this was his second wedding ring. The first one he lost somewhere in their backyard about 3 years ago. This ring was ill fitting due to his recent weight loss. After I gave him the ring, she mentioned something about getting the ring resized :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread