Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Emerald Coast Volleyball Club

I'm in Fort Walton Beach for a few days. So, I've hit a few of the local beaches.

I was at Beasley Park Beach this morning and enjoyed a short dry sand hunt. I didn't get anything spectacular, just the usual beach junk and clad.

Some folks were here from the Emerald Coast Volleyball Club practicing. The coach had an ECVC shirt on, and they have a permanent equipment box on the beach.

I was hunting the dry sand between them and the surf.

What got me was when they left-

I really thought that since they frequent this beach they would have a different attitude about it~ guess not.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Email sent to the pigs.:BangHead:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis,

I just looked at the post that was made regarding the trash issue at Beasley Park. Unfortunately we have to pick up after the public who use that area when we are not there. I was the coach there this morning, and typically have trash bags to pick up the countless beer cans, chip bags, and feces the beach go'ers leave for us. This morning was a last minute practice with a handful of our kids and we were not prepared.

We leave those nets there for the public to use when we are not practicing and unfortunately with that, people gather there and leave their trash.

Just so you can know a little bit more about what we do here at Emerald Coast Volleyball Club, we are a non profit youth sports organization that spends our time coaching and mentoring the youth in our area. Our children and families also support other local charities through volunteering and collecting donations for programs such as toys for tots and children's advocacy centers, and volunteering at elderly homes when they are not practicing or traveling for competitions.

We were stunned to see someone that we don't know and that may not know about us refer to us and the children as "Pigs." I am unaware if it was you or someone else that made the initial post but we would appreciate it very much if you could take it down.

I went back to the beach this evening because in the photos I noticed that I forgot my wife's favorite Red Sox cup near the court we were practicing on today. I snapped a few pictures of the trash that was still there. I have attached it for you to see. If you notice, there were 6 pack plastic rings along with beer cans next to our permanent box, along with fireworks, and the complete packaging for a youth scuba set. There was a publix sub wrapper and a lays potato chip bag as well. Our children are ages 7-18.. None of them drink beer, shoot fire works or scuba dive during practice. Our practices typically run 1.5 - 2 hours in length therefore they do not eat there at the courts. Because of the heat our children bring their water in insulated jugs with ice so that the cold water will last for the duration of our practices.

I am not sure where you live, and I noticed on the post it mentioned someone was here visiting. Please understand that this is our home, we live here and love our beautiful beaches and we do our best to keep them clean. The amount of trash left behind by those who do not live here or those that simply do not care, is a serious issue, an overwhelming issue that we can not take on by ourselves. It would have been very nice for the gentlemen who snapped the photos to pick up the trash himself, however, when I went back this evening, all of the same trash from his photos still remained. He did not feel it was his responsibility because the trash was not his.. Yet we are being slandered on the Internet and labeled as "pigs" for not cleaning up someone else's trash today.

We welcome anyone that would like to come out to one of our practices to meet our staff and our amazing kids to do so, that way you can get a better understanding of the type of people that make up our organization.

Thank you for your time and concern about our beaches,
Scott Allen

On Jul 15, 2016 1:54 PM, "[email protected]" wrote:

You've just received a new submission to your Contact Form.

Submitted Information:

Name
Dennis Rahn

Email
[email protected]

Comment
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...merald-coast-volleyball-club.html#post5053276

We find it strange you folks are so careless with your trash.

--
Emerald Coast Volleyball Club Directors
Scott Allen

Meaghan Allen

Play With Passion!

5C067786-EACB-4C32-812E-60CBE2DB75B8
C85BDA23-4EC8-4C57-BAF0-A5D2B06EB69A
B0F6A0EB-E22C-4A5F-B0EA-4AAA32263922
6F6C861E-D1E4-451C-85AA-C5DECC117CEA

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take crap from anyone - if I see family picking up their blanket and leaving trash - i'll call them out on it personally
I'll usually say "No No ...just leave all that trash...the lifeguards got nothing better to do than clean up after you!" and im a very loud person
I make sure that every one in ear shot hears - 1) everyone will give them the stink eye and 2) if they are thinking of doing the same - they better
hope I don't see them (usually I'll hear mothers say _"make sure we pick up our trash when we leave")
I had a few people give me crap for calling them out and I just yelled to the cops near by "Hey..what do you guys think about these slobs leaving all their crap behind? Hey is that beer cans I see?" No alcoholic containers allowed on New England bchs - The police usually will nail them and make them return and pick it up
Now maybe it was the volley ball clubs stuff - maybe it wasn't - most all beaches up here are racked at sunrise - so theres no trash like what is pictured ever at our beaches in season when they open - and I try to get in to hunt at most spots at sunrise so know what is there and what is not when I arrive and when I leave

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see trash like this constantly.

My girl and I spent the July 4th weekend mornings cleaning the local beaches.

I should have taken a picture of the pile of everything from broken beach chairs to sharpened re-bar UPRIGHT !... any kid running and falling on that would have been seriously hurt if not even worse.
This is the norm after gatherings.

My average when I volunteer water clean via my boat is 25 pounds of trash within seagrasses and mangroves.

PER DAY.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shovels...
buckets...
Ice cream crap...
Baby diapers... USED of course.

Bottles and cans... sheesh I cannot tell ya.

I find enough plastic kids beach toys to start a stand to resell them... but we collect and give to rangers to divvy to kids that do not have em.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My bag was full of garbage, I had room for no more.

If everyone would pick up after themselves there wouldn't be any- but if most of the people picked up after themselves- there would be a lot less.

I'm growing weary of being a public servant, working as a trash collector, for free... ugh!

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of the heat our children bring their water in insulated jugs with ice so that the cold water will last for the duration of our practices.
For the children.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that was his wifes red sox cup but that wasn't there powerade bottle one foot away?

Meagvball12

Jul 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the director of Emerald Coast Volleyball Club, the bottom line here is this, the garbage does not belong to us. The women in the photos do not belong to our organization, they were visiting our area and approached my husband to ask to borrow a volleyball and find out where people their age play in our area. I find it very bizarre that you were taking pictures of my husband before he even left the beach or any of this trash that you claim is his. I have attached the terms of service that you agreed to when signing up for this site. Currently you are breaking the law by committing libel. You are posting false information regarding our organization, along with photos of my husband and links to our website. You have until tomorrow to remove this defamation or we will be contacting the owner of this site and you will be hearing from our attorney..

View attachment 1337329

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the director of the Search & Recovery Team. We are volunteers that clean the counties swim beaches at our counties parks. We remove all trash from used chicken bones that guests that are to lazy to place in trash to harmful metal in the sand. Who is cleaning your sand today????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis,

I just looked at the post that was made regarding the trash issue at Beasley Park. Unfortunately we have to pick up after the public who use that area when we are not there. I was the coach there this morning, and typically have trash bags to pick up the countless beer cans, chip bags, and feces the beach go'ers leave for us. This morning was a last minute practice with a handful of our kids and we were not prepared.

We leave those nets there for the public to use when we are not practicing and unfortunately with that, people gather there and leave their trash.

Just so you can know a little bit more about what we do here at Emerald Coast Volleyball Club, we are a non profit youth sports organization that spends our time coaching and mentoring the youth in our area. Our children and families also support other local charities through volunteering and collecting donations for programs such as toys for tots and children's advocacy centers, and volunteering at elderly homes when they are not practicing or traveling for competitions.

We were stunned to see someone that we don't know and that may not know about us refer to us and the children as "Pigs." I am unaware if it was you or someone else that made the initial post but we would appreciate it very much if you could take it down.

I went back to the beach this evening because in the photos I noticed that I forgot my wife's favorite Red Sox cup near the court we were practicing on today. I snapped a few pictures of the trash that was still there. I have attached it for you to see. If you notice, there were 6 pack plastic rings along with beer cans next to our permanent box, along with fireworks, and the complete packaging for a youth scuba set. There was a publix sub wrapper and a lays potato chip bag as well. Our children are ages 7-18.. None of them drink beer, shoot fire works or scuba dive during practice. Our practices typically run 1.5 - 2 hours in length therefore they do not eat there at the courts. Because of the heat our children bring their water in insulated jugs with ice so that the cold water will last for the duration of our practices.

I am not sure where you live, and I noticed on the post it mentioned someone was here visiting. Please understand that this is our home, we live here and love our beautiful beaches and we do our best to keep them clean. The amount of trash left behind by those who do not live here or those that simply do not care, is a serious issue, an overwhelming issue that we can not take on by ourselves. It would have been very nice for the gentlemen who snapped the photos to pick up the trash himself, however, when I went back this evening, all of the same trash from his photos still remained. He did not feel it was his responsibility because the trash was not his.. Yet we are being slandered on the Internet and labeled as "pigs" for not cleaning up someone else's trash today.

We welcome anyone that would like to come out to one of our practices to meet our staff and our amazing kids to do so, that way you can get a better understanding of the type of people that make up our organization.

Thank you for your time and concern about our beaches,
Scott Allen

On Jul 15, 2016 1:54 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

You've just received a new submission to your Contact Form.

Submitted Information:

Name
Dennis Rahn

Email
[email protected]

Comment
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...merald-coast-volleyball-club.html#post5053276

We find it strange you folks are so careless with your trash.

--
Emerald Coast Volleyball Club Directors
Scott Allen

Meaghan Allen

Play With Passion!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked. Director of ECVBC has stated trash was not theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions