Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at those. Thanks. Looking for a place that won't break the bank.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I can completely submerge with mask and snorkel. Won't be under all the time but for rovers and so on

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG Amphibians are water proof to 30' per Detectorpro....

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the Grey Ghost's... one for my 3030 and one for my Infinium.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the Grey Ghost's... one for my 3030 and one for my Infinium.

Any issues with them? Do you use them all the time or do you use the normal headphones for your 3030 unless you will be in or around water?

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any issues with them? Do you use them all the time or do you use the normal headphones for your 3030 unless you will be in or around water?

I have GG's for the 3030 and the ATP. The atp they stay on the machine all the time. The ctx only when in the water, don't like being strapped to the machine.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I only use the headphones when in the water. When on dry land I use the wireless module with earbuds.

I don't like the bulk of headphones. Too hot, and they block out too much ambient noise.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twice, have had both the GrayGhosts and Minelab yellows for a CTX. While the GrayGhosts are maybe a tiny tiny bit louder, they are still hardly loud enough to hear lower tones while submerged, ...for me. The yellows have more tone variance or range, at least for me and are a lot more rugged for worry free use (more trustable for submerged use / diving) and I could tell difference between tones better.

The newest version of the GrayGhost Amphibians (with the newest sound chambers, clear chambers with screws all around) would maybe be the answer? Called DetectorPro, but they said they don't plan to make these for the CTX, claiming that they "wouldn't work with CTX", so just gonna have the GrayGhost waterproof version.

KellyCo minelab repair said they could put the CTX connector on a set of the Amphibians, curious if the volume would be better...

Have put Amphibians on a few excals and they did great for shallow water stuff, kept yellows on my diving only one.

Last edited:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You will want to go with grey ghosts. Not all of them are alike. I think there's two types I don't know. Yea. There is a type for 150' and then a type for 10'. I think. The ones that are rated for greater depth don't have the sound you want.

I might have blundered in my details I'm sure others will help.

People rave rave about the peltier mod I spelled it wrong. As with anything modified or diy use caution and plan for having a backup plan.

gl and ask anything about that machine here or in pm if you want -Joe

Looking for the Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will want to go with grey ghosts. Not all of them are alike. I think there's two types I don't know. Yea. There is a type for 150' and then a type for 10'. I think. The ones that are rated for greater depth don't have the sound you want.

I might have blundered in my details I'm sure others will help.

People rave rave about the peltier mod I spelled it wrong. As with anything modified or diy use caution and plan for having a backup plan.

gl and ask anything about that machine here or in pm if you want -Joe

Thank you for the information. Ill look into the 10Ft model. Do you have a CTX?

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I sure do. My profile needs updating. I hawked my GT and Excal. Two good machines. I just feel as if the ctx is better for me. I can set my tones. I might as well be tone deaf. Having a slow time without any beach erosion. When the pickings were good I was finding a lot. Andy Sabacs book is a must. Honestly, its better than the manufacturers manual. -Joe

Thank you for the information. Ill look into the 10Ft model. Do you have a CTX?

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do. My profile needs updating. I hawked my GT and Excal. Two good machines. I just feel as if the ctx is better for me. I can set my tones. I might as well be tone deaf. Having a slow time without any beach erosion. When the pickings were good I was finding a lot. Andy Sabacs book is a must. Honestly, its better than the manufacturers manual. -Joe

Thanks Joe. I send you over a PM.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
G-ghost. If for no other reason, their service is excellent! I snagged my cord causing it to rip out of the detector. Detectorpro fixed it for no charge and I only paid shipping to them

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
GG Amphibians are water proof to 30' per Detectorpro....

+1 For Amphibian... the Underwater Dtector Pro model for CTX3030 is not so good....compared to the Amphibian!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions