Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2014
    71 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones

Looking for the Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones. Can anyone help?

us
    Jun 2006
    treasureturf.com
    CTX 3030
    159 times
    I like my gray ghost amphibians.
    adamBomb, Sandman, jcobb and 1 others like this.

Feb 2014
    71 times
    I have been looking at those. Thanks. Looking for a place that won't break the bank.

ch
    Froggy

Oct 2014
    Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
    CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
    1119 times
    Scuba detection, romans and grec relics, old & new gold
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Waterproof.... for scuba or shallow with a bit of water from time to time?

Scuba detection, relics and ++++ - Big fat Waterproof CTX 3030 Scuba from Minelab - Aquascan (Aquapulse) - DEUS - Minelab Excalibur II scuba diving - Follow me on Facebook | Google+ | Youtube

Feb 2014
    71 times
    So I can completely submerge with mask and snorkel. Won't be under all the time but for rovers and so on

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23622 times
    GG Amphibians are water proof to 30' per Detectorpro....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8303 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I've got the Grey Ghost's... one for my 3030 and one for my Infinium.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Feb 2014
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I've got the Grey Ghost's... one for my 3030 and one for my Infinium.
    Any issues with them? Do you use them all the time or do you use the normal headphones for your 3030 unless you will be in or around water?

Charter Member
    us
    Just a New Englander living in the South!

Oct 2015
    Gaston County, NC
    Safari, Excal2, CTX
    1070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by altereddezignz View Post
    Any issues with them? Do you use them all the time or do you use the normal headphones for your 3030 unless you will be in or around water?
    I have GG's for the 3030 and the ATP. The atp they stay on the machine all the time. The ctx only when in the water, don't like being strapped to the machine.
    Life is a adventure, live it!

Trump, Pence - 2016

Charter Member
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8303 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I only use the headphones when in the water. When on dry land I use the wireless module with earbuds.

I don't like the bulk of headphones. Too hot, and they block out too much ambient noise.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    UABFWSS

Feb 2010
    Indiana/Michigan border
    ~Garrett AT PRO~ ~Excal II for diving~ NEL/Cors coils, Lesche Sampson shovels/diggers, Pro Pointer AT's, Stealth Scoops, Stavr Scoops, Vibra-probes, Have hads: CTX 3030's, AT Pro's, AT Gold's, CZ
    128 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Twice, have had both the GrayGhosts and Minelab yellows for a CTX. While the GrayGhosts are maybe a tiny tiny bit louder, they are still hardly loud enough to hear lower tones while submerged, ...for me. The yellows have more tone variance or range, at least for me and are a lot more rugged for worry free use (more trustable for submerged use / diving) and I could tell difference between tones better.

The newest version of the GrayGhost Amphibians (with the newest sound chambers, clear chambers with screws all around) would maybe be the answer? Called DetectorPro, but they said they don't plan to make these for the CTX, claiming that they "wouldn't work with CTX", so just gonna have the GrayGhost waterproof version.

KellyCo minelab repair said they could put the CTX connector on a set of the Amphibians, curious if the volume would be better...

Have put Amphibians on a few excals and they did great for shallow water stuff, kept yellows on my diving only one.
    Last edited by rc2125; Jul 17, 2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Oddjob likes this.

us
    May 2010
    New England
    Excal WOT
    281 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You will want to go with grey ghosts. Not all of them are alike. I think there's two types I don't know. Yea. There is a type for 150' and then a type for 10'. I think. The ones that are rated for greater depth don't have the sound you want.

I might have blundered in my details I'm sure others will help.

People rave rave about the peltier mod I spelled it wrong. As with anything modified or diy use caution and plan for having a backup plan.

gl and ask anything about that machine here or in pm if you want -Joe

Looking for the Best CTX 3030 Waterproof headphones. Can anyone help?

Feb 2014
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb1999 View Post
    You will want to go with grey ghosts. Not all of them are alike. I think there's two types I don't know. Yea. There is a type for 150' and then a type for 10'. I think. The ones that are rated for greater depth don't have the sound you want.

I might have blundered in my details I'm sure others will help.

People rave rave about the peltier mod I spelled it wrong. As with anything modified or diy use caution and plan for having a backup plan.

gl and ask anything about that machine here or in pm if you want -Joe
    Thank you for the information. Ill look into the 10Ft model. Do you have a CTX?

us
    May 2010
    New England
    Excal WOT
    281 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I sure do. My profile needs updating. I hawked my GT and Excal. Two good machines. I just feel as if the ctx is better for me. I can set my tones. I might as well be tone deaf. Having a slow time without any beach erosion. When the pickings were good I was finding a lot. Andy Sabacs book is a must. Honestly, its better than the manufacturers manual. -Joe

Thank you for the information. Ill look into the 10Ft model. Do you have a CTX?

Feb 2014
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb1999 View Post
    I sure do. My profile needs updating. I hawked my GT and Excal. Two good machines. I just feel as if the ctx is better for me. I can set my tones. I might as well be tone deaf. Having a slow time without any beach erosion. When the pickings were good I was finding a lot. Andy Sabacs book is a must. Honestly, its better than the manufacturers manual. -Joe
    Thanks Joe. I send you over a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links