Man !! This CTX is hard to pin-point !!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo used to the Xcal2, could get it down to a 3"( or smaller ) circle no problem.. Notice the stock 11 coil will trace all the way up the center stripe of coil. So the

90 degree thing must be put in play ?? Will then,,when turning 90 degrees on target you still could hit target somewhere on center stripe of coil. I have tried

pin point trigger, get closer, but have heard most do not use,,,have researched quite a bit on this,,,most of it not too clear...can anyone give me a easier way

to (if land fishing) dig a wayyyyy smaller plug..

Thanks,

HH

Dennis

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, sure is! But what I've read on here is about the upper tip of the coil on the signal and wiggling, called the wiggle method. You might want to research that.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, sure is! But what I've read on here is about the upper tip of the coil on the signal and wiggling, called the wiggle method. You might want to research that.

Thanks,,,Something like googling,,,you have to hit just the right phrase to get your answer to appear in a link.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do the same as with the excal, using the toe or the heel of the coil, you slide the coil either forward or backward in pinpoint mode till target tone disappears., target will be right on the edge of coil....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread