TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi guys,

I just thought I'd let you all know that not only have I now finally brought myself to spend the hefty amount on an AT Pro that arrived last Friday, but I also went out to probably the cleanest beach I have ever seen (8 bottlecaps in 4 hours, plus assorted trash but not much either) and didn't find anything for four hours.

The very minute before I wanted to leave without any finds I found a 50 Cent coin in the sand next to where the cars park, so my world is all fine again and of course I directly went ahead and purchased a smaller 5x8 coil and the Garrett carrot that will hopefully arrive before Thursday when I took a day off from work to hit the beach again because who can wait for the weekend?

It was all downhill from then on, friends and colleagues seldomly saw him and when they did all he wanted to talk about were high tide marks and iffy signals he dug.

Seriously though, I'm here to stay for gold, silver and pirate hoards consisting of Euro coins.

I'm running a YouTube channel for magnet fishing together with a friend that has found moderate success and will also upload videos of my hunts with the AT Pro, I just bought a waterproof Olympus TG-870 that actually allows for some proper outdoor video recording.

Say hi to your next gold ring for me, I lost it right there where you are standing right now but can't really remember how it looked like.

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, what part of Germany are you in and what beach was it that you hit?

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Welcome, what part of Germany are you in and what beach was it that you hit?

Thanks. I'm in Northern Germany (Hamburg, the one true capital of the North) and the clean beach I was at is called Elbinsel Krautsand, a fair bit downriver from Hamburg. Hamburg itself has a nice long beach and I've been there two times so far - once with my ACE 350 and once with the AT Pro - but that beach is more trash than sand and I had no luck with the bigger stock coil. I hope the 5x8 coil will work a lot better on this side of the river Elbe.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats cool, never got to hunt Hamburg before; love the people though, their mentality is far better than those in Rheinlandphalz.

I ave only been hunting Germany for about 16 years or so; from what I have found if you are looking for profit and some jewelry are places like city parks and beaches. But the best I have ever found is all the Jugendherberge; dude they are a gold mine. If you can not walk away with 100 Euro in change after a couple hours then your machine was not even on.

The best ones are the ones near know tourist spots; My best day was 1927 Euro in 11 hours, that was at the one in Borkum, the old Kasern,

Seriously though if you have the means to get around then map out the ones near you and go hunt them.

But you NEED to become a member with the DJH, when you become a member and you have that little card if someone comes out and tells you to not do MD the play grounds, just show them your card and they leave you alone every time. But also if you are a really cheap person and want to save money it is a good way to travel around and make money and have a place to sleep at night. Like on a velomobile tour with your MD.

Another good one is the Jakobsweg; tour that all the way over and MD the hot spots. your card will get you in at all the places of course because it is world wide. heck they even have DJH in the US.

If you ever make it down to Italy or the toilet of Germany let me know, I know some great spots; well that is if you are looking to hunt for profit that is. I only hunt for profit.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thats cool, never got to hunt Hamburg before; love the people though, their mentality is far better than those in Rheinlandphalz.

I ave only been hunting Germany for about 16 years or so; from what I have found if you are looking for profit and some jewelry are places like city parks and beaches. But the best I have ever found is all the Jugendherberge; dude they are a gold mine. If you can not walk away with 100 Euro in change after a couple hours then your machine was not even on.

The best ones are the ones near know tourist spots; My best day was 1927 Euro in 11 hours, that was at the one in Borkum, the old Kasern,

Seriously though if you have the means to get around then map out the ones near you and go hunt them.

But you NEED to become a member with the DJH, when you become a member and you have that little card if someone comes out and tells you to not do MD the play grounds, just show them your card and they leave you alone every time. But also if you are a really cheap person and want to save money it is a good way to travel around and make money and have a place to sleep at night. Like on a velomobile tour with your MD.

Another good one is the Jakobsweg; tour that all the way over and MD the hot spots. your card will get you in at all the places of course because it is world wide. heck they even have DJH in the US.

If you ever make it down to Italy or the toilet of Germany let me know, I know some great spots; well that is if you are looking to hunt for profit that is. I only hunt for profit.

Every line of your comment was enlightening, I've never even thought about Jugendherbergen. I have one only five minutes away from where I work, that idea is pure gold.

I will let you know if I ever make it down to the dirty South, hunting for profit describes me pretty well! I just checked the price of DJH memberships and if I'm not mistaken it's only 7€ for anyone under 26, that's less than two days of parking. If you ever make it up north we have a spot here were you can fish coins galore out of the water with magnets. I was down there in the water once with a sandscoop to try and find all the non-magnetic more valuable coins but I didn't have my waterproof detector then, I figure there are thousands of coins waiting to be scooped up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I lived in Mainz and worked in Russelsheim for a year--- I wish I was into this hobby back then

I'm happy I discovered it now, it's amazing how much money and other cool finds are just centimeters below the surface.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jpg.gif
286692_1[1].jpg (171.5 KB)

Attachments

• 286692_1[1].jpg
    286692_1[1].jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 62

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Every line of your comment was enlightening, I've never even thought about Jugendherbergen. I have one only five minutes away from where I work, that idea is pure gold.

I will let you know if I ever make it down to the dirty South, hunting for profit describes me pretty well! I just checked the price of DJH memberships and if I'm not mistaken it's only 7€ for anyone under 26, that's less than two days of parking. If you ever make it up north we have a spot here were you can fish coins galore out of the water with magnets. I was down there in the water once with a sandscoop to try and find all the non-magnetic more valuable coins but I didn't have my waterproof detector then, I figure there are thousands of coins waiting to be scooped up.

You totally have to go hit that Jugendherberger up then, I am sure you know just how many schools travel those places, not to mention families looking for a cheap place to stay. I would think in Hamburg should be some good hunting,

Yes the DJH membership is really cheap, and it pays for its self too. But also if you wanted you can travel around hunting hot spots for a cheap stay.

My son and daughter are into magnet fishing, where we have our house in Germany there is a bach that goes through some old stone thing. It is covered in moss but my kids I guess figured out that it was like a wishing well. LOL They picked that thing clean, my son came home and grabbed the bollerwagen and some buckets. About 2 hours later those two came home with al this change; but also the Burgermeister was helping them pull the bollerwagen.

He tells me, maybe now your kids might have fixed the flooding issue in that area. Then tells my kids to make sure they finish the job.

You know just over a year ago my son got him self an AT Pro for his 12th birthday, he got all the Nel Coils for it as well. He claims that the Nel Coils make that machine so much better than it is. We got them out of Austria from that big MD shop there. He has now been hunting on his own for about 14 months, but has about 7 years total doing with me and his mother. He did very well in his first 12 months and even paid cash for a Sunrider Velomobile and trailer so he could expend his search radius after school.

Europe is a damn gold mine for MDer's; so few do it but so many get drunk and leave their stuff behind for us to find.

So you being from Hamburg I have to ask; is Manta Manta your favorite film? LOL

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You totally have to go hit that Jugendherberger up then, I am sure you know just how many schools travel those places, not to mention families looking for a cheap place to stay. I would think in Hamburg should be some good hunting,

Yes the DJH membership is really cheap, and it pays for its self too. But also if you wanted you can travel around hunting hot spots for a cheap stay.

I will give it a look, I just quickly looked at the google maps image and couldn't really figure out if there are any outdoor places, but I will give it a look in person on my way home, I bet it looks a lot different from a normal perspective. I got a membership, the card should be in the mail sometime this week. For some reason I never really used it as a teenager, always went camping when we travelled. Now I wonder why we paid 20€ for a campsite when the same money buys me a day at a JH :) I also found out they offer 10% off from a bicycle store and up to 45% on sports clothing for members, I might just get me a new rain jacket or something.

My son and daughter are into magnet fishing, where we have our house in Germany there is a bach that goes through some old stone thing. It is covered in moss but my kids I guess figured out that it was like a wishing well. LOL They picked that thing clean, my son came home and grabbed the bollerwagen and some buckets. About 2 hours later those two came home with al this change; but also the Burgermeister was helping them pull the bollerwagen.

He tells me, maybe now your kids might have fixed the flooding issue in that area. Then tells my kids to make sure they finish the job.

That sounds like some great fun (and that Bürgermeister like a good sport), especially for kids and who's gonna complain if it's kids fishing out coins :) They would love the place we found, there are a couple of pillars in a canal where people try to land coins on and of course miss all the time, we have pulled out 66€ so far in just a few hours and no matter how often we throw in our magnets they come out with loads of coins attached to them.

You know just over a year ago my son got him self an AT Pro for his 12th birthday, he got all the Nel Coils for it as well. He claims that the Nel Coils make that machine so much better than it is. We got them out of Austria from that big MD shop there. He has now been hunting on his own for about 14 months, but has about 7 years total doing with me and his mother. He did very well in his first 12 months and even paid cash for a Sunrider Velomobile and trailer so he could expend his search radius after school.

An own Velomobile? Now that's impressive, those things are damn expensive :) I love Hamburg because it is so easy to get around by bicycle, I don't even own a car at the moment and only borrow my mum's maybe once a month to get out to friends who live farther out. I just bought the 5x8 coil, I think it will be awesome as on the trashy beach here the separation of targets was my only complaint with my AT Pro. It should arrive before Thursday when I have a day off, then I'll work on paying off the detector. There is a small restaurant / Kiosk on the beach here and I hope it will prove profitable after wednesday when we will have the hottest day for weeks.

Europe is a damn gold mine for MDer's; so few do it but so many get drunk and leave their stuff behind for us to find.
True, I only now begin to realize the potential here, I'll make sure to get my share of the pie :)

So you being from Hamburg I have to ask; is Manta Manta your favorite film? LOL

Don't be angry, but I had to google that and I was born the year after it aired :) No, my favourite German movie would probably be the 1966 (? That's what google says, pretty old in any case) German version of "Treasure Island", go figure :)

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I will give it a look, I just quickly looked at the google maps image and couldn't really figure out if there are any outdoor places, but I will give it a look in person on my way home, I bet it looks a lot different from a normal perspective. I got a membership, the card should be in the mail sometime this week. For some reason I never really used it as a teenager, always went camping when we travelled. Now I wonder why we paid 20€ for a campsite when the same money buys me a day at a JH :) I also found out they offer 10% off from a bicycle store and up to 45% on sports clothing for members, I might just get me a new rain jacket or something.

That sounds like some great fun (and that Bürgermeister like a good sport), especially for kids and who's gonna complain if it's kids fishing out coins :) They would love the place we found, there are a couple of pillars in a canal where people try to land coins on and of course miss all the time, we have pulled out 66€ so far in just a few hours and no matter how often we throw in our magnets they come out with loads of coins attached to them.

An own Velomobile? Now that's impressive, those things are damn expensive :) I love Hamburg because it is so easy to get around by bicycle, I don't even own a car at the moment and only borrow my mum's maybe once a month to get out to friends who live farther out. I just bought the 5x8 coil, I think it will be awesome as on the trashy beach here the separation of targets was my only complaint with my AT Pro. It should arrive before Thursday when I have a day off, then I'll work on paying off the detector. There is a small restaurant / Kiosk on the beach here and I hope it will prove profitable after wednesday when we will have the hottest day for weeks.

True, I only now begin to realize the potential here, I'll make sure to get my share of the pie :)

Don't be angry, but I had to google that and I was born the year after it aired :) No, my favourite German movie would probably be the 1966 (? That's what google says, pretty old in any case) German version of "Treasure Island", go figure :)

Give it time and you will the hand of the AT Pro, that or just dig everything, I do, and I am using some some costly machines.

Man you had to google Manta Manta? Dude, I thought everyone knew the German Pimp. I enjoy his films, he brings that US smartass mentality to German films. I just watched Honig im Kopf for the third time, keeps me cracking up.

But I have seen that version of Treasure Island, better than the US one for sure.

Check out Manta Manta, I am sure your local library has a copy, plus its free there. That man has been a smartass since day one.

I have heard of those pillars you speak of from a buddy of mine who lives up there.

I have to close for now, I will catch you later on private message.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I will make sure to watch it, reading the wikipedia article made it sound like a fun movie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread