Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone mentioned the other day they thought I had fell off the edge of the east coast or something on posting treasure , So a update..

Been a very good year, but I am behind last years totals by (11) I believe. Family time this week but will be back out Monday on the jetski looking for treasure...

OBN0356.jpg

And the last hunt...

OBN0360.jpg

OBN0359.jpg

Be Safe All and Best of Luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, jaw dropping Wow. You know where and how to find them. Congratulations on the finds and good times. Thanks for sharing!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Joe, Those are some magnificent finds. You are a true Gold Pirate and an inspiration for many. Looks like the new Pirate Ship (Jet Ski) is landing in the right spots.

Keep it up my friend...

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice number of gold rings there!!!
?...How do you carry your scoop and detector on the ski. I want to set my ski up to carry my Xcal and Stealth scoop. Was thinking of using straps or a ubolt set up with wing nuts and mounting them in the footwells, Xcal on one side scoop on the other. But this would involve putting holes in the ski...
Got a pic of your set up?
Thanks SS

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
WOW Joe. You have a wonderful collection this year. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could follow in your footsteps. Oh wait, I am following, WAY FAR behind!!!

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG. Joe. Great hunting brings the treasure.
Thanks for sharing your finds.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's alive! Impressive finds!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice...back to back great years and this ones only half over...congrats and keep em coming.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Everyone, I'm Very Blessed in many ways.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW Joe. You have a wonderful collection this year. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could follow in your footsteps. Oh wait, I am following, WAY FAR behind!!!

Thanks Bob! Wish I had your skills, I consider you and Casper two of the Very Best. If you had a longer season I'm sure I would be following you my friend.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice number of gold rings there!!!
?...How do you carry your scoop and detector on the ski. I want to set my ski up to carry my Xcal and Stealth scoop. Was thinking of using straps or a ubolt set up with wing nuts and mounting them in the footwells, Xcal on one side scoop on the other. But this would involve putting holes in the ski...
Got a pic of your set up?
Thanks SS

I have a pontoon ladder for the main support of all, with several rubber bungee cords to tie things down, but I'm slowly adjusting a few things as I get out more. SO far I've only used it 10 hunts and 9 I have found gold. The one I did not find gold I did a search and recovery on a wedding band, which is now back to a Happy Wife and Husband.

OBN0356.jpg OBN0358.jpg

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Thanks Bob! Wish I had your skills, I consider you and Casper two of the Very Best. If you had a longer season I'm sure I would be following you my friend.

LOL, Well Joe, I consider you one of the very best!! Also Casper and Craig on the other site. We all know that we won't find anything watching a TV or sitting by an air conditioner. You have skills and know the Excal inside and out LITERALLY! You have probably the same passion as I have for the hobby. I have the ability to dive and that is my strong point. We both know there are great finds in deeper water. You have the help of the tides to get those things. We don't have tides here and the lakes rarely recede much here so i have an advantage that most detectorists here do not. The deep never gets shallow and waders can't compete.

Love your jet ski rig! Uses little gas and carries all your gear. Fantastic way to play!!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! What a vulgar and disgusting display of gold! I wish it was me that was posting it! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Just for 2016, OH MAN!!!!!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great year you are having OBN.. I haven't found any gold rings this year, but hope to get on the board before the end of the year. 11 down from last year and still got 60 and we have 5 months and another few weeks for you to surpass last year. I have found 2 copper rings and 1 sterling silver ring and proud of that. Two spots on the river I want to try and never thought about a jetski to get there. Just don't know if they let Nimrods use equipment like this on the river? lol

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Damn Joe that's awesome!!! How the heck do you do it? I've gotten 2 rings thus far this season and neither one of them is gold. You're still the Excal Ring King!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Quick outing this 7 am for 4 hours.. #61 ............... Trash For Doc OCD Joe Prime

OBN0356.jpg ......

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hehe, thanks for the update Joe! You never seem to disappoint! A huge congrats to you on all that gold. I really like how you got that jet ski set up. You know, if you had a YouTube channel it would be a total hit. Have you considered starting one? Anyhow my friend, take good care and happy hunting!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Joe,

You are having another great year. The rings are beautiful. What is your silver count (just curious). Awesome finds! Congrats

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Keep at it Joe. Sooner or later you'll get better at using the Excal... I'm starting to like my Excal more over the CTX. Tone wise... Simple just seems better.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats... Need a student?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread