28 RING rings in 16 HOURS (7 days)

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
28 RINGS in 16 HOURS (7 days)

9AU, 3Pt, 5AG, 5 tungsten 6 yet to be cleaned and identified. Most likely they are junk.
One hat trick (Platinum, Gold and Silver in one day).
Two rings with diamonds: 3 on one and 6 on the other. One 24K ring.
I had to fight a sting ray and jelly fish for the right to detect. Great fun!

Best of all: my last find was a 10 day "old" wedding band and was returned to its owner! Marriage saved.
I tried to return the college ring and another wedding with no luck.
The college had no record and the owner of a wedding band left without leaving their information.

Other totals: 34 coins, 5 pendents, 1 pair earrings, a locket, a bracelet, a locket, and a starfish for Pandora.
Something less than 25 bottle caps/pull tabs. less than 80 targets in the 16 hours (5/hour). A slow but GREAT hunt.

Attachments

• 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
WaterWalker

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Boy, those were the days even 5 years ago there were plenty of targets to dig. Today a three hour hunt yielded one silver and one titanium ring and only 6 coins. This year's totals are way down for 2016, and even going back to the 1980's. I see fewer swimmers, no alcohol, more water parks, kids on their cell phones doing whatever and not enjoying the water during the summer months.
My two best ever detecting partners (for over 25 years) Rich and Bob have passed away. Now I find myself reminiscing the years of detecting with them especially when I am alone in the water with with equipment passed onto me. Friends until the inevitable now more than ever memories via photos, news articles, and physical objects occupy my mind while ensuring our wonderful hobby of detecting. Weekly car trips, vacations in Jamaica, Cancun, Canada are unforgettable. The YTC (Yankee Territory Coinshooters) founded by Eleanor and Jack Hube in 1976 is still going strong and I am proud to be a Lifetime Member.
Casper, thanks for tickling my memory by posting your comments. I know you have had many great hour detecting. Stay healthy and enjoy ... May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!
WaterWalker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread