35 FE tones....ever worth digging? CTX 3030

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Been running the 17" coil on CTX 3030. Still learning and no gold yet [emoji26] but I have a question......is anything in the FE 33 to 35 range worth digging?

For some reason, the stock beach setting has a "good" target range in the lower right part of the screen.

I find when I dig here I get tent stakes or wire....anyone else?

Is there a better setting for the beach? I find lots of coins and am impressed (even though it is frustrating) at what this machine can find....like a very small piece of metal very deep which gives a good tone in the 12s.

I have seen the photos and videos with typical gold FE CO numbers for the CTX 3030, is there similar info for all other metal items?

I have searched online extensively but no luck.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Display of CTX on dry beach, especially with 17" coil is not very accurate. Do you have RECOVER DEEP ON ? SEAWATER ON?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one but can't post it till tomorrow, it us on a laptop wife loaned to neice for school project..

I hunt using 4 tone plus iron...

DT2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
RocknRoll

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run Seawater only when I put the coil in the water. I turn it off in wet and dry sand. Not sure about recovery. Are there some better suggested setting other than the stock beach?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
These are for the Etrac, but the numbers are usually the same on the CTX

ETrac Target Card Sheet.jpg

I'm having to scan some spreadsheets and will post those as soon as I get them done. TNet doesn't take xls files.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't remember where I found them or who to credit. But the spreadsheets were comparing Etrac to Explorer and DFX numbers. Here's 3 more files. They were in digital spreadsheets, couldn't upload, so I had to print them, and then scan them. Then had to clip out the useless info. So, it took a bit. The images are not of the greatest quality, but should provide some good test results.

Update! I credit Chris Boroughs "The beep goes on"

Coins
Coins Etrac.jpg

Gold Jewelry
Gold Jewelry Etrac.jpg

Silver Jewelry
Silver Jewelry Etrac copy.jpg

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question, no. There is nothing but iron in the FE 35 area. If you might have iron artifacts like cannon balls, then those #s would be worth digging, otherwise they are junk.

OP
OP
RocknRoll

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for taking the time to post these charts....very kind of you!!!!

Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions