Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Depends on the beach and the level of mineralization.

I tested the AT Pro on our Central Florida beaches for Kellyco not long ago and was able to stabilize it pretty well. You have to properly ground balance in the environment you'll be detecting and then adjust sensitivity. In other words, don't ground balance on the dry sand and then go into the surf without ground balancing again. Same goes for the wet sand. Always re-ground balance when you change locations.

The ATP worked fine for me under those conditions. However, given that the ATP is a single frequency machine, using it on other beaches or areas that have far higher mineralization levels will degrade stability and overall performance.

Just the report from my foxhole. Your results may vary under different conditions.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Cali, I stay in the dry. Too much chatter.

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's oceanshores wa

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think your best bet is to try it and see. If it chatters too much turn the sensitivity down some. Some say they work great, others say they don't. I am sure every area is different and maybe nobody in your area is on here.

I listen to people but I also try things myself to make sure I am getting sound advice.

My wife used to give me sound advise. 99% sound and 1% advise. Unfortunately no longer with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread