NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saltwater hunt on Monday
first hour I had 2 old pulltabs - that's it - moved far out to an area I never hit - its off the regular beach - mainly fishing area
got a piece of lead boat patch -prob from 1800s - then an older lead jig head - so knew I had not been there
got a small piece of silver bracelet chain - looked around for the rest - not found
got a nice signal and thought it might be a sinker - was shocked to see old gold ring in bottom of my scoop
just then a guy on a jet ski pulled up and told me I could not hunt there - should have challenged him - was not a life guard - just a private jetski renter
but did not want to bother - I moved to far right of beach which is mostly a fishing /wind surf area now - went way out again
finally got a thin silver dime so decided to grid in that area - got an older key -maybe form 50s-60s -so a good sign
walked out as far as I could and got a nice blast - looked in scoop and saw large black disc - walking half - nice
found a war nickel and a few other pieces of small silver and a colonial pewter button -
got chased in by tide coming in - but will have to try both these areas again

Upvote 0

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Casper. Can't believe you got chased by some bum on a jetski...was he a jerk about the way he told you to leave?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he said - you cant do that here - we rent jet skis here - and they were just pulling them in
he said - "see that swim buoy...you have to be in there"
ive had this argument before - those swim buoys are to keep boats and jet skis out - not to keep swimmers in
I could have said "yeah..thanks" and kept on hunting - they have the whole ocean to do their thing - don't think they have a law/leg to stand on if I refused to move
he said "we cant see you" I said "you saw me like 3 times so far" - he then said "if you had a dive flag..that would be different"
I said - "i have a dive flag if you'd like me to get it" - I have a nice big one for my snuba - then he said "well ...no ..we rather you weren't out here"
I slowly worked away and he was pissed I did not move faster - may challenged them next time - specially if I'm in a good spot - tired of people thinking they can own water
have gone to waters off private beaches and had people say I'm trespassing and have challenged them - telling them "I'm not on your beach" and "you don't own the water"

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, you did the right thing by walking away. Find out if you can and the next time will be different

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just can't figure people these days.....some are just complete idiots !!!

ooops,,, forgot to say "GREAT" ring......!!!!!!

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done C2!.

A walker and a gold ring, that's a score!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because they were renting jet skis near by - they could have told people where I was and have them look out for me - it is hard to see me
when I'm out deep and my head is down - but guy saw me each time he towed a jet ski over - I know first time he gave a
78EVMSQ.gif look at me - because he did know what I was or what I was doin
he said "it'd be different if you had a dive flag" - I told him "i got one in the car..i can go get it"
"oh..well..a no...no..we'd rather you weren't here"
I have a couple and one is really high - I should have called him on it but long trek back car and then back again
I'll have to wait till I have a early low and try again - its not a large area and its not easy for others to hit - so no hurry

Great finds!!! Why wouldn't you not be able to be where you were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
because they were renting jet skis near by - they could have told people where I was and have them look out for me - it is hard to see me
when I'm out deep and my head is down - but guy saw me each time he towed a jet ski over - I know first time he gave a
View attachment 1340800 look at me - because he did know what I was or what I was doin
he said "it'd be different if you had a dive flag" - I told him "i got one in the car..i can go get it"
"oh..well..a no...no..we'd rather you weren't here"
I have a couple and one is really high - I should have called him on it but long trek back car and then back again
I'll have to wait till I have a early low and try again - its not a large area and its not easy for others to hit - so no hurry

Well you did a great job. I hope you told him, " I'll be back". ( in Schwarzenegger voice).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you such a hater casper? Cant you just get along. I would not held it together as good as you. Nice finds

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to hold the status quo - "The friendly ghost" thing you know
wait till they lose something and ask if I can find it :tongue3:

Why are you such a hater casper? Cant you just get along. I would not held it together as good as you. Nice finds

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Guy on a jet ski????..... was probly OBN keepin you off his honey hole!!!!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice hunt Casper

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds. Hope you're able to get back there. Bring your flag next time, it safer, and I should be able to find you easier. :) Good luck.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! He just wanted ta make a A@$ out of him self. I manage to go thru all of them in this area with no problem. It's not like were STUPID. Nice LOOT there.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I absolutely love that gold ring Casper! That thing appears to have some heft to it as well. You know it is funny how these "to gooders" that snub their nose at you one minute, will kiss your feet and wash your toes with tears of joy and gratitude when you find their lost platinum and diamond wedding ring. Typical sheeple....

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to hold the status quo - "The friendly ghost" thing you know
wait till they lose something and ask if I can find it :tongue3:
Yep your are right there

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that ring...congrats on the gold and silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread