Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking of doing some underwater detecting, no more then 4ft of water. I own a AT pro. I know that there's better detectors to do it with, but does anyone know if the AT Pro does well submerged. I'm going in a brackish river. I do have waterproof earphones. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm thinking of doing some underwater detecting, no more then 4ft of water. I own a AT pro. I know that there's better detectors to do it with, but does anyone know if the AT Pro does well submerged. I'm going in a brackish river. I do have waterproof earphones. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure to smear a bit of vaseline or something like that on the threads of the two connectors, then it's all fine. Check out Aquachigger, he submerges his all the time and even takes it scuba diving every now and then.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT Gold it is practically the same machine and I submerge mine all the time no issues I have had it to 6 + feet under.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure to smear a bit of vaseline or something like that on the threads of the two connectors, then it's all fine. Check out Aquachigger, he submerges his all the time and even takes it scuba diving every now and then.

Geez, don't use Vaseline on the O ring as it will deteriorate the gasket. Only use silicone grease.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Geez, don't use Vaseline on the O ring as it will deteriorate the gasket. Only use silicone grease.

Sorry, grease is what I meant I forgot how it was called. Yep, do that instead.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be more worried about the unit leaking than the connector orings letting water into the sealed connector body. Every bit helps though per garrett the connector orings simply protect the connectors from corrosion. They have no bearing on water leaking into the unit or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions