NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 weeks ago - took hot machine into cool water and leaked - batteries blew up
last night car broken into and 2 other machines stolen - I live in a great neighborhood - have a cop as a neighbor
but heroin addicts been hitting cars for quick items to turn into cash for drugs
they left a lot of other valuable items behind - thank God - but now I only have one water machine left
so no back ups - for now

Upvote 0

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm retired now but I assume they're still doing it but I worked for years for a city police department and all the pawn shops were required to turn in a copy of their pawn tickets for us to run anything with a serial number through the ACJIS/NCIC computer to check for items stolen/missing. Fairly often we would recover an item that had been stolen, usually it was a gun. That's why we would emphasize the importance of keeping up with serial numbers on items and get a police report made ASAP. As soon as we had the information and serial numbers on items taken in burglaries we would get them entered in the database so that if the stolen item was taken to a pawn shop we would already have the items in the system. But it only works if everyone does their part all the way down to the pawn shop clerk writing down the correct serial numbers so when we would run them in the database we could get a hit on the item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread