Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a pulse induction machine it should operate well in the wet sand and shallow surf. I hope you have a GOOD wet sand scoop :occasion14:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wet sand, dry sand ...the ATX is FANTASTIC! But also fantastically heavy.

It'll find a dime (or a small gold ring) at 20"+. Sweep slow and watch for one light targets. It'll find the targets left over from standard PI's.

It took me about 6 months of gym to get into shape for swinging the ATX but now it's easy (AND I feel a heck of a lot better too!).

It's noit my go to machine, however. That distinction goes to the White's Dual Field. I LOVE the tone response and although it's not as deep by 1/3 it does me well under normal situations at the beach. NOW when I need the high powered detecting I go to the ATX ..and it doesn't disappoint!

PS: YEP...you need the best scoop!:hello2:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would recommend hunting in the water with it or the shore line at low tide. Even on the wetsand you are going to find so many pieces of cages/traps and other junk metal. I live an hour north and tried my DF on the wetsand a few times and realized for these east coast trashy beaches, like myrtle, the water is the place to be with a PI. But your machine will be deep and be able to pick up anything you get the coil over.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
September should be a great time at Myrtle. Have a good friend there and is sanded in pretty much everywhere right now, but

have been picking off a few good target here and there. Right around the Apache pier area it is really sanded at this time with folks

swimming way way out and depositing sinking targets that may take years to find your coils end. But then again, just heard of a low spot

hole that produced some Great Finds.....Just have to be at the right area at right time,,,,watching shifting sand and so on....

Just my 2 cents,

HH

Dennis

ATX I do not know,,,,I use the Excal2 while hunting Mrytle,,,,,,good luck in September,,,,may be just the right time !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread