1715 fleet

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a huge amount of information available right here on this forum. Consider joining us in August for our Beach Party and TH on the 1715 beaches.

It's just a group of us getting together for some TH'ing fun. You'll get a first hand look at the beaches and the total experience of everyone involved is going to be fantastic.
Deepsix

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
bugsybrown said:
I was thinking of hunting the wrecks and was hoping for a little advise from people with more experience there. Is there any particular site that yields more consistent finds than the others? Any sites more hunted out than others?

Asher

Do a search here on TNet "1715" and you will see how much information you will find.....

All the best,

Chagy.....

OP
OP
B

bugsybrown

Feb 28, 2007
LAKE WORTH, FL
I was just looking over some web sites about the 1715 wrecks and have a question. Is it forbidden to even wade into the water with a metal detector, lets say just 20 feet from the waterline?

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bugsybrown said:
I was just looking over some web sites about the 1715 wrecks and have a question. Is it forbidden to even wade into the water with a metal detector, lets say just 20 feet from the waterline?

Yes, except possibly for wave wash, STAY OUT OF THE WATER!!!! You run the risk of getting your detector confiscated or worse. Besides, 20' out on the treasure beaches you'd have to be diving.
Deepsix

OP
OP
B

bugsybrown

Feb 28, 2007
LAKE WORTH, FL
Thank you so much for that link. I went to 2 beaches today...I forget the names but they were the 2 southernmost sites I believe. I about 2 miles south of Ft. Pierce inlet, the other about 1 mile north. Didn't find anything. It is a longer drive than I would like in my gas hog of an suv, so I think I will stick to local beach until a hurricane comes, then I will hit the Treasure Coast. In the mean time, I can't wait to meet more treasure hunters in my travels on the south Florida coast.

Asher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread