Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that there have been several posting on beach scoops and most people have there favorite.
I am hoping that anybody has some experience with a scoop called Ontario, it's a S.S. scoop from Europe. I have seen them on ebay.
I like the looks of it with the somewhat flat bottom. Several beaches I hunt on have sand that is only 4 or 5 inches deep. So ones that are round or "V" shape on the bottom don't work that well. On the other beaches I hunt the sand is quite thick so most scoops will work.
I hunt on the dry and wet sand mostly.
If you have used this scoop in the past or one similar what did you think of them? How good are the welds? Would they hold up in the wet sand.
I also like the U-bolts for holding the handle as it would make it easy to fix a broken handle or change from a short or long handle.
scoop 1.JPG
:icon_scratch:
I did not post a link because I don't think that's allowed, but it is simple enough to look up.

Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
This one the Indiana scoop or the stavr scoop are much more durable than the one you've posted. The welded stems hold up better than the welded bracket that will bend backwards from prying up wet sand.

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are not very durable. The hardware on top of the scoop bends really easy.
Thank you for your info, I take that your Ontario scoop bracket bent easily?
I see that you have a RTG 6" Aluminum scoop now, have you had better luck with that?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunspot Stealth is the way to go. Lifetime Guarantee.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunspot Stealth is the way to go. Lifetime Guarantee.:thumbsup:
It's hard to beat a lifetime guarantee, if only they offered a model more suitable for shallow sand beaches.:dontknow:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to beat a lifetime guarantee, if only they offered a model more suitable for shallow sand beaches.:dontknow:

I haven't had any trouble scooping in shallow sanded areas with my 720i. Cuts like a razor and can handle the torque quite well...JMHO 8-)

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
clv,.. I don't own the Ontario scoop but I seen a picture of one that the guy had for only a short time, said he was doing some digging in some wet, gravel and it had bent. I own the Indiana, an RTG and a stainless steel Dalyn scoop. Picture below is the Dalyn. Indiana scoop I've had for 2 seasons with lots of heavy use in rock, wet sand and it's my favourite scoop.

cesartalavera

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Cobra Beach Magnet
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello, How about this scoop (Aluminum Light metal detecting scoop , special pre-order only!) by Beach Sand Scoops. Does anyone have any knowledge about this product?
scoop4.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Plus 1 on the Stealth Scoop. Better quality Stainless Steel. Rust does not develop on the Stealths as did on my imported ones.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive hunted with guys with some of those stealth types that have flat sides or angles
they have harder time going thru some areas - you can not rock back and forth as you can with one with rounded sides
as with RTG I use - nevr bent or broke a handle or weld yet and I work in very rough areas

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That's a great scoop also. Check out the videos log "Miami Fox" he has one of those in all of his videos.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have many scoops. 1 Reilly's 6" SS, 1-5"and 1- 6" Reilly's aluminum, 2 stealth 920 hybrids, 1 stealth 720i and 1 Howie scoop. My favorite water scoop is the stealth 720i with carbon fiber shaft and the Howie scoop is my favorite wet sand scoop.

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Scoop is a Howie Scoop built by me in south florida. scoops 096.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread