treasure coast beaches update

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All I can say is yuck. Ampersand...lotsa sloughs at low water, but nothing but beer cans and debris. Corrigans (green cabin?) finally has access! Unfortunately, they have screwed with the beach sooo much it is worthless. Colored Beach (John Brooks)is finally open too....but same artificially groomed and renourished beach. No good for anything. Kinda like Pamela Anderson..nice to look at but fake and worthless. We need a couple of northeasters or another hurricane to undo what authorities with good intentions have done. (And the road to Hel...er..New Jersey is paved with good intentions)

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that dude; maybe a nor easter will do some justice for ya there.

I know all about "worthless"

I'm in MI with "Frozen ground and water" and it has been for the last 3 months :(

HH

Lonewolfe

D

Darod

I know what you mean Bill,

I went to Chuck's Steakhouse the other day and the beach there is the same way. You can't blame them for fixin' them,....it just sucks for us though :-\

Seems like the new droppings is all we'll be getting for sometime now.

Rod

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
While I'd love the opportunity to detect a prime beach I don't think I'd wish bad weather on everyone else to get it.
Spring breakers will be leaving their mark for us to clean up soon.

B

BULL

They haven't left their mark yet. I was there this morning from 4:00am until 8:00am and only found $.32 in clad :(

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Be patient as hurricane season is just around the corner. ;D Have heard that Black College Reunion can bring in some nice gold finds. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
B

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do not wish a hurricane on anyone..just the beaches. My stance on Florida beaches is based on a 50 year familiarity with them. Renourished beaches are not natural beaches...they are nothing but a glorified breakwater between the waves and the dunes. As I have stated in a post on another category here, I am not a supporter of renourishment. It is a lousy bandaid solution for a problem that is a complex mixture of causes and effects. The material is remote to the beach itself...beach sand and ground seabottom dredgings are not the same. It destroys the undersea habitat from which the material is removed...it deposits junk on the beach that is both unattractive and unnatural. It destroys cultural and archeological resources indiscriminately. I doubt it supports the natural eco-system the same as real beach sand. Comments?

Bill

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
Probably renourish the beaches for the property owners more than anything else. Their property line ends at the last high tide. I live where you can drive on the beach. If they had it their way they would take that away from us too. Nothing like having your own private beach with others' tax money paying for renourishment.

Just letting off steam,
BobJ

F

Floater

I'm with the Let It Be crowd. They pump,dump and spread all this crappy sand and the natural sand just gets undermined and the debris is awful and it a waste of taxpayer money. The Carolinas have curtailed a lot of there restoration and if you get washed out by a storm you ain't rebuilding. I have only been to Vero beach and the Ft pierce area but it used to be nothing there. now you cant spit without hitting a building.Progress ? Hell stick em all downtown and leave the damn shoreline alone. We don't need the cuts like we did in the old days for commerce . Hell the ports of Miami and Ft Lauderdale are huge and so is Jacksonville. What the Hell do I need a cruise ship out of Stuart For???. Well now you know how I feel.Later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions