May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do you ever go out only to leave soon after starting? Today I went late because my 5 yr son wanted to go catch pokemon along side me while I hunted so we didnt get to the beach until around 7am...probably 20 minutes later we called it a day because it was too hot for me which meant way too hot for him. Only a 10-15 minute drive home so not a big deal but also a bit frustrating that we had to leave so soon...guess that just leaves more time for yardwork and work week prep:BangHead: Usually I get to the beach at 6am and can stay until 730/8 unless Im heading in the water. On a positive note I did find around a $1 in clad

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Steve and I went looking for an old swim hole he'd heard about. We'd both packed dirt & water detectors.

The good news was that we found it. But we'll have to return when the temperature cools down. It was so hot even breathing was difficult, plus now that we've seen it we know we need more logistics (a canoe) to get there. Also, there was dark water about 10' out, don't know how deep it is, so we need inflatable life vests. Steve has one, and mine needs a 24g CO2 cartridge. Ordered it last night.

Safety First - in the heat, and in the unknown depths. Coincidentally I'd dreamed the night before of wading to a dark spot and stepping into it and going way down, struggling to get to the surface. Premonition?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fairly Hot here North of you, heat index was 112 today so took the last two days off from the beach to be safe. Was out Friday for a few hours and the biting flies were so bad I though they were going to carry my hunting partner away. I stayed deep mostly under water with a Hood cap on.. I gave him "Hunter of the Day" award, cause he got stung by jellyfish and was constantly fighting the flies, and he a Got old gold ring. I was just happy to find targets be out of the Danger Zone..

OBN0346.jpg

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on a few hunts that ended before they really got started. I went with a few people to the site of an old ghost town that has completely disappeared and now sits on private property. It took us about 5 or 6 hours to get there and when everyone finally got there and we were all ready to start we had to leave because the property owners son showed up and told us to get off the property even though we had already been there before and the property owner even hunted with us the last time we were there but this time the property owner wasn't with us and his son was kind of crazy so we listened to him and left because he started saying he had a gun. Another time we went to a town that had been abandoned or something happened because it looked like everyone just got up and walked away. We were there for probably 20 minutes or so before one of the guys with me found something that kind of ruined the whole day and long story short we ended up talking to police for a few hours and none of us have ever gone back there.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had it end before it really started. Sometimes I take my granddaughter, she uses a BH because of its lightness. Recently we headed out to a spot that is about 45mins away. We stopped for breakfast, and time we got there it was already getting warm. We hunted for about 20 mins. She was hot and ended up getting in a fire ant bed. Only a few bit her, but she was done. It's her time, so I let her decide. We ended up leaving and doing something else. She still young, I should have stay closer to the house. But I was trying to increase her chances for silver. I know she not quite up to a hunt that last to long, or not producing right away. She hates digging trash. Lol

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"SHORT HUNT'

Duh, Forgot my scoop.....:tongue3:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have to drive 1:45 to the beach and the last time I went even in early spring it was so hot and muggy I only stayed about 1 hour before deciding it was too sanded in to fight those conditions.
I like to hit the wide, hard packed beaches in N FL at daylight when the temps are about 40-50 degrees and not a soul in either direction! It is very serene and relaxing that time of year.

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
last week I lasted only about 45mins on the beach, west wind pulled the flies off the dunes and they were on my like I was the only meal on the planet. Had a bunch of the *******s on my legs the whole time, swat them off and back they came. After I had a bunch of small bleeds on my legs I caved in and left. They were relentless.
As I was leaving I noticed next to no one was on the beach and those that were had long pants on.....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread