Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think you said you have the excal2 soon or already have.....JMO that you are just a setting away from finding your treasures! The excal2 is great and if you
get out there,,,"you WILL find" them treasures !!!

Gold Luck,

Dennis

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on your definition of "treasure". My first target was a silver quarter, but, that was over 46 years ago! :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

BeachCrazy

Aug 1, 2016
South West Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A silver quarter I would knock people out of the way to get at that lol I talked to another guy at the beach and he said he hasn't found anything for months... could just be some hazing for the new guy.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The key is to SLOW DOWN. Don't just walk up and down the beach swinging like a golf pro. Pick an area and grid it from the top of the wet sand, into the water at least knee deep at low tide. If you are doing it right it should take about four-hours to grid a low point or hotel front that is 75-feet long. A lot of beach hunters do "zig-zags" and "circular" patterns, or just work the beach like they are out for a walk - never worked for me. Pick a spot, hit it hard. Take a look at the gold jewelry in my album below if you don't think my technique works. Stay Hungry! :skullflag:

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
The key is to SLOW DOWN. Don't just walk up and down the beach swinging like a golf pro. Pick an area and grid it from the top of the wet sand, into the water at least knee deep at low tide. If you are doing it right it should take about four-hours to grid a low point or hotel front that is 75-feet long. A lot of beach hunters do "zig-zags" and "circular" patterns, or just work the beach like they are out for a walk - never worked for me. Pick a spot, hit it hard. Take a look at the gold jewelry in my album below if you don't think my technique works. Stay Hungry! :skullflag:

I'm going to steal that tip :)

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
How fancy or expensive your equipment is dosn't make you find things that were never there to begin with. It's not a magic wand and treasure will never appear under your coil if nothing was ever lost where you're searching. This hobby takes patience and if you have that you will do fine.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Depends on the beaches you hunt. I am hunting a beach in Detroit now. So far 241 silver coins, 37 gold and over 100 pieces of silver jewelry. All in the last 3 months.

I have NO idea where you are but if you are in the hobby just to find treasure you have to think outside the box. You can't just go where everyone else does and expect to find very much treasure. I go where others can't.

If you are a wader, you have to go where others do not. RESEARCH. Find OLD beaches. Nobody is going to tell you were to find anything. I can tell you my beach but you would not have much luck unless you are a diver willing to play in 6 - 8' of water.

If you are here to find places to find treasure you are here for the wrong reason. You are not the only one looking and nobody wants to give up a spot that hasn't been hammered by everyone.

This is a hobby. Go out and have fun.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think you said you have the excal2 soon or already have.....JMO that you are just a setting away from finding your treasures! The excal2 is great and if you
get out there,,,"you WILL find" them treasures !!!

Gold Luck,

Dennis
What are your settings your using on the excal...?

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your settings your using on the excal...?

What meant was which ever settings he chooses, he is just that one setting away. A good way to start out was disc.1 sensitivity for conditions, 6 is a starting point, volume full , threshold to just a buzz, disc mode....this is a good starting point, can run hotter or pp for depth, but new to OP this would be a good starting point to add on too.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, not living near a beach I only get there on a weeks vacation at a time

I don't think the goods are as easy to find as some make it appear

I have found some jewelry but nothing of value.

It just takes a long time

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm not primarily a beach hunter but I guess I've been lucky because I've found either jewelry or coins every time I have detected a beach or around one.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well yeah, but I don't think clad is worth mentioning (although I still pick it up)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well yeah, but I don't think clad is worth mentioning (although I still pick it up)
I have over a $1000 worth of found clad in ajar at home now... Figured I would keep collecting it till I have enough to buy a nice detector I might want down the road sometime......

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually find clad when I go detect around beaches. I stay away from modern beaches because they are too trashy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread